MyBroadband Speedtest Congested

Nardeth

Hello Everyone ;)

i have done a speedtest to Seacom in Johannesburg with Speedtest.net and my speed is Faster than on MyBroadband speedtest my Result on MyBB Speedtest is no higher than 6Mb/s down and my uplink is 1 mb/s when infact its higher with www.speedtest.net SO? i think MyBroadband speedtest is congested :/ unless someone can get 100MB/Second on MyBB Speedtest.
if it were not congested i should be getting 15Mb/s with Telkom LTE using my desktop pc with chrome

Last edited:

marine1

Honorary Master
I still wonder about these tests, cant say VC or MTN prioritize the network that anyone testing on these sites gets a brilliant result?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hello Everyone ;)

i have done a speedtest to Seacom in Johannesburg with Speedtest.net and my speed is Faster than on MyBroadband speedtest my Result on MyBB Speedtest is no higher than 6Mb/s down and my uplink is 1 mb/s when infact its higher with www.speedtest.net SO? i think MyBroadband speedtest is congested :/ unless someone can get 100MB/Second on MyBB Speedtest.
if it were not congested i should be getting 15Mb/s with Telkom LTE using my desktop pc with chrome
:wtf: did I just read?

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
It will take 100 people with 100mbps connections, doing a speedtest at exactly the same time, to maybe congest the server. That said, MyBB speedtest app has always had different values compared to speedtest.net, for me at least.

Except when I want to proof my point. :p
Speedtest:

MyBB:
st.jpg

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It will take 100 people with 100mbps connections, doing a speedtest at exactly the same time, to maybe congest the server. That said, MyBB speedtest app has always had different values compared to speedtest.net, for me at least.
I'm not surprised.

MyBroadband’s speed test servers are hosted in Teraco’s vendor-neutral data centres to ensure a neutral testing environment.

Through NAPAfrica, all network operators present at its peering points are provided with a free 10Gbps connection to the MyBroadband Speed Test platform.

Nardeth

so i am getting 4.2 MB/Second on LTE "Vodacom" but the MyBroadband speedtest cant get more than 11.8 Mbps :( when i test

i am not in Tokai i am far away from the western cape

Last edited: