Name and Shame: Unauthorised Debit Orders Thread

Magane

Nice, they will might refund the actual R179 debit, and not charge you for it, however there are other hidden costs. They charge the payment processor for the debit. Is this reversed? And other charges like service charges to process the initial debit?
ABSA did reverse it immediately after I alerted them and I received the R179.00 back into the account. Will continue to closely monitor the account for such fraudulent activities . Thank you

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me.

For the last few years I've had a R72.63 debit order from my account, reference Apl736 012. I always thought it was my phone insurance. I tried to cancel it with Vodacom but they say it's not them. How do I find it which company is doing the debit order, and how I can stop it?

Many thanks.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
:rolleyes: not sure if srs, but I'll bite.

Go to your bank to ask the details of the company/person debiting your account.
To cancel it, just log a dispute with your bank.

:rolleyes: not sure if srs, but I'll bite.

Go to your bank to ask the details of the company/person debiting your account.
To cancel it, just log a dispute with your bank.
I was serious, just wanted to see if anyone knew before making the mission to the bank!

Thanks.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
And that will then tell you which company it is? So you don't accidentally cancel a valid debit order?
never tried it myself but i do see the Dispute Button there.
It must do something.
I reckon go ahead and try it out, soon you will know who it is when they try contacting you to tell you they havent been paid