Need advice on ADSL Line solution?

donnybrasco

Hi guys,

I am currently on a 4Meg uncapped with MWEB and have been using another company for my ADSL Line Rental. I have recently moved to an address that does not have an infrastruture for Telkom. That means no internet. Is there a solution I can look at to solve this issue I am faced with for the same costs I have paid before or cheaper, i.e. MWEB Data R539 and ADSL Line Rental R399. According to Telkom the rest of the area can get upto 10Meg speeds. Please advise as I have no idea what the best option can be?

planet-it-tree

Hi guys,

I am currently on a 4Meg uncapped with MWEB and have been using another company for my ADSL Line Rental. I have recently moved to an address that does not have an infrastruture for Telkom. That means no internet. Is there a solution I can look at to solve this issue I am faced with for the same costs I have paid before or cheaper, i.e. MWEB Data R539 and ADSL Line Rental R399. According to Telkom the rest of the area can get upto 10Meg speeds. Please advise as I have no idea what the best option can be?
Yes, try a Wisp, (Wireless internet service provider) should be a solution for your network issue.

donnybrasco

Hi there, may you please elaborate on this. Do you mean 3G. I was hoping for a cheaper service. Any ideas?

Scoop Distribution

Scoop Distribution Rep
Company Rep
Hi there, may you please elaborate on this. Do you mean 3G. I was hoping for a cheaper service. Any ideas?
A WISP will be able to offer you a wireless connection (not 3G) without the need for any copper infrastructure in your area. You will install wireless equipment at your premises.

If you would like us to put you in contact with reputable WISPS in your area, please PM me and I can refer some options from our client base.

Tim the Techxpert

Expert Member
Hi There,
WISP would certainly be worth looking at but not sure if it is going to save you money.

There is an organisation for WISP and you can get a look at coverage on their website
You could also look at iBurst. Yers I know they have been in the news for the wrong reasons in the last couple of weeks but they may give you the coverage that you need at a reasonable price.
Have you also approached Neotel?

Regards

Tim