Neotel data-centre issues root of MWEB ADSL downtime

kilobits

Executive Member
Neotel... every time I read about them it seems to be in connection with downtime and data failure... pfffft.

Neotel was contacted for feedback, but the company did not respond by the time of publication. Neotel could also not be reached by telephone.

My my my... speaks volumes about their core competence... but why am I not surprised...?

Last edited:

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Again a outage at 12:00 - same as yesterday. Coincidence?

Grim147

I still blame mweb, maybe they can with all that money they saving from not paying interconnect, get some damn redundancy. funny thing is , this happend just before i tried to send my cancellation form back to them, took away any doubt.

heads up if you planning to ditch them , they going to make you pay for the next month aswell, my server is hosted at hetzner and i can hardley work , but that doesnt seem to be a problem for them , they will just go ahead and skrew you over anyway, cant afford another isp untill they out :( .

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Neotel... every time I read about them it seems to be in connection with downtime and data failure... pfffft.

My my my... speaks volumes about their core competence... but why am I not surprised...?

+ f'n 1.

NeoFail is complete garbage, the worst company in SA right beside Telkom.

inferno

Probably a problem on Mweb's side and they are simply passing the buck again, knowing no one from Neotel will speak out about it.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Tracert during this time gave some very strange results and ping responses from *.jinx.* devices

BelAl

So MWEB is down. Are any other ISP's having the same problem? BEcause if they aren't then what makes MWEB so uberspecial that only theirbandwidth is affected?

More importantly, we have 4 undersea cables terminating in South Africa but MWEB seems to only be subscribed to SEACOM. Ag vooitog. Get some resiliency, as Grim147 posted earlier.

Neotel has its faults. Of that there can be no doubt. But why is it only MWEB thats affected.

Oh and btw... where do you think Cell C's servers are housed? Answer: The Neotel datacentre. Anyone been down?

kilobits

Executive Member
^^ You have a point there ^^

Maybe MWEB blaming NoTel is becoming unsustainable ?