Neotel network speed degradation update

WOW, you guys are getting some decent download speeds...but do the rest of us a favour and test international downloads. I'm pretty sure that the speeds will be half of what you're getting on local. Better yet, try testing on a Cape Town server if/when it shows. I've done so and my speeds drop to almost half of what I get when I test on the JHB server.
 
To Joburg server


To Cape Town Server


To London Server


This is too inconsistent.
 
To Joburg server


To Cape Town Server


To London Server


This is too inconsistent.

Despite these tests below showing speeds above 50kb/s my real internet downloads never hit above 40kb/s:

JHB server


Cape Town


London


Denver


Los Angeles
(very surprising)

Houston


Stockholm
 
Paulshof
RSSI: 88
Download Speed: 37 kbps (4.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 35 kbps (4.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
 
Paulshof
RSSI: 88
Download Speed: 37 kbps (4.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 35 kbps (4.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Exactly what my connection was like last night. Didn't have the guts to try again this morning. No easier way to spoil your day!
 
I checked my connection this morning at 3am and at 7:30am and it was still doing good, keeping to around the 100KB/s range.

I'm getting very happy that it is performing this well, Neotel keeps this up and I'm going to be a happy Neotel subscriber again.
 
I checked my connection this morning at 3am and at 7:30am and it was still doing good, keeping to around the 100KB/s range.

I'm getting very happy that it is performing this well, Neotel keeps this up and I'm going to be a happy Neotel subscriber again.

Got any rooms to let? :D
 
it would have been a luxury, if they could have solved the problem.

Also an update letting me know the next steps , would be appreciated.
 
Update:
Faster than ever :D



Ping lies. I play cod4 and get around 90ms, not 300something.

Getting better each day

<3 neotel
 
I have had zero connectivity since this morning in Bedfordview, neoflex (can think of a few other words to describe this rubbish)
 
PeteGT, agreed.
Back to 20KB/s, peaks at 50KB/s MAX! :mad:

This is why I don't get excited ... Neotel's "fix" wasn't really a "fix" at all.
 
PeteGT, agreed.
Back to 20KB/s, peaks at 50KB/s MAX! :mad:

This is why I don't get excited ... Neotel's "fix" wasn't really a "fix" at all.

The fix was merely caused by several users not being online. I don't think we will be getting this resolved anytime soon. I wish we could get a lawyer in on this discussion. I would love to get some feedback on this (without paying ofcourse).
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X