New and recent A class owners

Nokkie

Executive Member
I would like to ask new and recent A class owners how have your ride been so far?

Models:

A200 BE
A250 Sport
A 200 CDI
A220 CDI BE
A45 AMG 4MATIC

Please post your experiences here!

Where did you get the best service?

stixx

A250 owner checking in :)

The car is great, good power and a real stunner in the looks department. The ride in this specific model is a bit on the hard side, due to the sport suspension. Other than that I have no real complaints.

I used Mercedes Benz Centurion for my services, as they are the closest to home. The service department is excellent, I have no complaints with the service division. The new car sales guys are a bit of a pain to deal with, but nothing unmanageable.

ice_cubes

Executive Member
the car goes vrrrrroooooooooooooom
service is excellent - as expected from merc :)

what more do u want to know?

Nokkie

Executive Member
A250 owner checking in :)

The car is great, good power and a real stunner in the looks department. The ride in this specific model is a bit on the hard side, due to the sport suspension. Other than that I have no real complaints.

I used Mercedes Benz Centurion for my services, as they are the closest to home. The service department is excellent, I have no complaints with the service division. The new car sales guys are a bit of a pain to deal with, but nothing unmanageable.
What did they do?

ice_cubes

Executive Member
Probably full of themselves. Remember the A Class is a cheap car by MERC standards.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
^ there is only the 4Matic option & the limited Edition 1 models go for more.

stixx

Probably full of themselves. Remember the A Class is a cheap car by MERC standards.
^^^ exactly this - couldn't get feedback on when the car will be delivered (I was on the waiting list at the time) and had many many visits to the dealership. If I was not set on getting this car I would have told them what to do with it :)

Any turbo issues?
None at all so far.

Nokkie

Executive Member
^^^ exactly this - couldn't get feedback on when the car will be delivered (I was on the waiting list at the time) and had many many visits to the dealership. If I was not set on getting this car I would have told them what to do with it :)

None at all so far.
How does payment work? Imagine paying full price while they are not delivering...

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Apologies,you are correct sir. Do you get the A class in edition 1? I thought that was the CLA?
I know of the A45 AMG Edition 1; it was the 1st model out with the AMG 4-pot.

I've never heard of an Edition 1 CLA 45 model. There is a GLA 45 AMG Edition 1 & that's a pointless car & topic for another day

stixx

How does payment work? Imagine paying full price while they are not delivering...
I only paid a deposit to secure the vehicle that I ordered. If I didn't take it when it arrived, they would have sold it on to someone else and my deposit would have been refunded.

I know of the A45 AMG Edition 1; it was the 1st model out with the AMG 4-pot.

I've never heard of an Edition 1 CLA 45 model. There is a GLA 45 AMG Edition 1 & that's a pointless car & topic for another day
There's an Edition 1 for the A45, CLA45, GLA45 and the new C63. I think MB is introducing the Edition 1 spec for all their new AMG vehicles (I stand under correction).

phoenix99

Expert Member
I only paid a deposit to secure the vehicle that I ordered. If I didn't take it when it arrived, they would have sold it on to someone else and my deposit would have been refunded.

There's an Edition 1 for the A45, CLA45, GLA45 and the new C63. I think MB is introducing the Edition 1 spec for all their new AMG vehicles (I stand under correction).
Thanks for the info!

dlk001

Executive Member
The ride in this specific model is a bit on the hard side, due to the sport suspension.
Does the A250 come with non-runflat and no spare wheel like the A45? I know the A200 I driven had runflat tires and ride is a little on the hard side.

stixx

Does the A250 come with non-runflat and no spare wheel like the A45? I know the A200 I driven had runflat tires and ride is a little on the hard side.
It doesn't have a spare, but it has run flats.

I was under the impression the A45 had run flats also.

Last edited:

Nokkie

Executive Member
Any start stop issues? I know a few colleagues who seem to be moaning about their A's in Europe more than SA.