New South African Network Status Website - Please test

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Why did we build another site if there are other sites which do the same?

We cannot get access to the data from the other platforms, and even if we can (at a cost), they often restrict media publications from using this data in articles.

Just like our speed tests, we want to gather data about South African networks which can then be used in articles and other reports.

Another reason is that we can change the platform to serve the South African market. This was done with our speed test platform which works well.

Reactions: Yuu

Drifter

Honorary Master
It looks OK. Although when I looked at VOX, last report is dated 2020-05-25, that's rather old.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
It looks OK. Although when I looked at VOX, last report is dated 2020-05-25, that's rather old.
We only launched it now, so the report frequency will improve when people start to use it.

Tarndie

It's a great idea hence I reported a problem and expected to view results based on my specific location and to troubleshoot if there are any problems. Reported on the 28th of May 2020 at 09:38:41 based on Mobile Service Provider (Telkom) feedback was normal. It can be improved on identifying the different problems encountered and type of network coverage as I'm in Telkom volte. That would help, thanks. I love the segmented Twitter feeds on the network as one can identify if there are problems with the mobile service provider.

Antono

Not really sure why I would use it. I get notifications from my ISP for any issues that impact me. Interesting? Maybe. Useful? Not really.

Hephaestus

Forging
Looks good, can see where the trouble is, thought Telkom would have had a lot more than it does

netstrider

Expert Member

Vodacom claims best network because of least fault reports.
MTN complained, Vodacom needs to admit it isn't really the best objectively, just the best in some surveys.

Advertising Regulatory Board to assess the claims.

AndyC

For some reason, my work's network is blocking it - down for me but up for the world.

seanogilvie

I looked at my fibre provider Mweb, and all looks good to me. I think this website will be very useful, does it have an app? But so I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.