Nu-World takes proactive action on TVs

isie

Honorary Master
so they basically just creating their own standard between HD ready and Full HD?

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Too little too late.

Their "quality control" will likely be some dude trying to see with his own eyes whether a 720p screen looks worth it to classify as Full HD...

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
WTF? MyBroadband, I hope you're not going to just sit back and take that.

Their changes to their packaging equates to what? Removing the panel resolution (which they'd used incorrectly previously) and just writing "High Definition" instead? So now they're just obfuscating the truth, rather than directly lying about it? I guess that's an improvement.

"HIGH DEFINITION" is an industry standard. "HD-ready" is another industry standard. Their panels are HD ready. You can't refer to a well-recognised industry standard label just because if you squint your eyes and look at the panel from a distance it looks like it might be that thing.

Sheesh, these guys don't learn their lesson.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Changes title:

"Nu-World customers takes proactive action on TVs "

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
WTF? MyBroadband, I hope you're not going to just sit back and take that.

Their changes to their packaging equates to what? Removing the panel resolution (which they'd used incorrectly previously) and just writing "High Definition" instead? So now they're just obfuscating the truth, rather than directly lying about it? I guess that's an improvement.

"HIGH DEFINITION" is an industry standard. "HD-ready" is another industry standard. Their panels are HD ready. You can't refer to a well-recognised industry standard label just because if you squint your eyes and look at the panel from a distance it looks like it might be that thing.

Sheesh, these guys don't learn their lesson.
Yip, Totally agree.
Call a spade a spade, Why don't they just label the TV's "HD Ready" as their TV's are in fact HD-Ready. Using "High Definition" instead will just cause more confusion.
If this is how they operate then its probably just best to stay clear from them.

Johnfpro

Nu-World have a reputation for this type of obfuscation, not just with TVs'

I would suggest they get taken to task on not calling these "HD ready" TVs'. Who're they trying to con this time?

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
I would suggest they get taken to task on not calling these "HD ready" TVs'. Who're they trying to con this time?
According to that story they're not trying to con anybody. It is us, the mere consumer, who is clearly confused about things.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
okay nu world... High Definition, lets just call you NEW World then...

entrepr

Expert Member
Why doesn't Nu-World join the MyBB forum discussion already (RPM/JV?)

klipdrifter

They should have done this before sending out that stupid "Official Response" letter. Way to late in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dr Who

My big issue with this is that they still have not changed the code. Thus are trying to mask the issue, as like above people have stated, their panels are HD ready. However they do not use this and keep the FHD tag in the model number....surly that is misleading. Be proud of a good HDR TV, if it actually is good.

Randux

Expert Member
“We apologise for this confusion, and can assure you that we are going to great lengths to research this issue and have implemented the necessary changes as quickly as possible.”

No need for research just stop being scum.