Odd problem with PPC, WiFi and Neoflex router...

Leakysandwich

Hi All

I have a very weird problem that I dont know how to solve.

I have 3 devices PC, PPC (SE Xperia X1), Xbox360.
PPC and xbox connects to my Neoflex router via wifi.
PC using ethernet.

Before i got my PPC, the wifi of my xbox works fine and have been connecting to my network without any problems
When my PPC connects to the wifi network, everything works correctly and i can access the network with the xbox and the PPC, but after a few minutes it completely bombs out the wifi on my router.
The wifi light that shows network activity blinks very fast, and no wifi device can connect to the router anymore(xbox/ppc). They see the device, but cannot connect.
My PC can still access the internet though.

This seems to happen mostly when the xbox is also connected via wifi to the router, but sometimes just connecting the PPC alone relsults in this problem.

So its seems as if my PPC is causing a sort of signal feedback loop on the router thus disabling the wifi from working OR the router is faulty? (keep in mind this only started since i tried connecting a new device - PPC - to my wifi network)

I have checked and changed various settings on the router to try to resolve the issue with no effect:

* change channel,
* enable mac filtering,
* firewall settings,
* something i will try tonight is to disable wifi security on the router and just use the mac filtering.

I dont have any other wifi devices (laptop etc) at home so I cannot test if any other device will result in the same problem... BUT i do have another wifi router at home which doesnt give such an error when connecting both devices at once.

Has anyone had a problem like this or know how I might try to solve it?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

wizzard

Have you checked the IP of the PPC? It might be the same as your router and that could cause problems.

Leakysandwich

hi Wizzard
well no... seeing that my router auto assigns new ip's i never considered that this might happen.
will have a look tonight.
thank you

syntax

Executive Member
Hi All
something i will try tonight is to disable wifi security on the router and just use the mac filtering.

Thanks!

thats what i would try, but leave mac filtering off for the meantime as well, i am not that familiar with the sony, but if there is any media sharing etc capabilities on it, i would turn that off as well.

Have you checked the IP of the PPC? It might be the same as your router and that could cause problems.

DHCP would take care of that