Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

I am tempted to go for Japan as they rested a couple of players for this game.... ffs I hate these very tight games :o

Ok so I picked Japan by 5.

Japan has won the last 5 encounters between these two nations but the scores have been very,very close every time... with close I mean 2-4 points.
 
Last edited:
I am tempted to go for Japan as they rested a couple of players for this game.... ffs I hate these very tight games :o

Ok so I picked Japan by 5.

Japan has won the last 5 encounters between these two nations but the scores have been very,very close every time... with close I mean 2-4 points.

Japan looked very good against France, as you say they have rested the players against the ABs - and more importantly I think they are extremely motivated to record their first WC win.

One thing though, I understand most of their wins against Tonga were without Tonga's Super 15 players.
 
I went with Tonga.

My feeling is that all the minnows only have one good game in them, and Japan's was against France. After that they are spent.
Japan also have a lot of injuries to deal with after the France and New Zealand game. IIRC they flew in 2 or 3 of the backup players.

That while Tonga will be seeking revenge against someone for the loss against Canada.
 
I went with Tonga.

My feeling is that all the minnows only have one good game in them, and Japan's was against France. After that they are spent.
Japan also have a lot of injuries to deal with after the France and New Zealand game. IIRC they flew in 2 or 3 of the backup players.

That while Tonga will be seeking revenge against someone for the loss against Canada.

I took the gamble as I am 2nd in one group and first in two other. And to move up in the big pools you need to get at least one upset right :)

As bobby says:" If you're not first, you're last".
 
I said Tonga by 15 and SA by 70 for tomorrow's game. (Only realised now that there's a "myBB" pool too. I think there's 2 or 3 superbru pools of myBB members)

I think it will be a tight game but with the Tongan physicality coming trumps over the Japanese.
 
I took the gamble as I am 2nd in one group and first in two other. And to move up in the big pools you need to get at least one upset right :)

As bobby says:" If you're not first, you're last".

Dude you should play the rugby 5 bet. Not expensive, the last one paid 16k. I never played it cause my sank my money into the soccer6 but with good tips you can win some money :D.
 
I said Tonga by 15 and SA by 70 for tomorrow's game. (Only realised now that there's a "myBB" pool too. I think there's 2 or 3 superbru pools of myBB members)

I think it will be a tight game but with the Tongan physicality coming trumps over the Japanese.

I said SA by 87 :o I am again gambling a bit as for 3 of my 5 pools it is the highest thus giving me a good chance to get the bonus point :)
 
Japan 13-28 Tonga

20 mins left. I can not see the Japs scoring three times with no reply from the Tonganese(??)....
 
My Superbru status cannot get much worse. I seem to be getting some of the games horribly wrong. Japan, Tonga is no exception :(
 
I said Tonga by 15! Was so close but someone said Tonga by 12. Ag!

Weird how addictive SuperBru gets...
 
As our Lord certainly didn’t teach us to say…

Our Bokke,
who art in New Zealand,
rugby be thy game;
Thy tries will come,
the rugby world cup will be won,
in 2011 as it was in 2007.
Give us this day our penalties,
and forgive Bakkies his trespasses
and penalize those who trespass against us,
lead us into celebration
and deliver us from New Zealand,
with the Webb Ellis Cup,
the power and the glory!
Forever and ever,
GOOOOOO BOKKE!!!
 
Players born in other countries

Argentina: All born in Argentina

Australia: Dan Vickerman (Cape Town, South Africa), Radike Samo (Nadi, Fiji), Will Genia (Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea), Stephen Moore (Khamis, Saudi Arabia), David Pocock (Messina, South Africa), Quade Cooper (Auckland, New Zealand), Digby Ioane (Wellington, New Zealand)

Canada: Nanyak Dala (Jos, Nigeria), DTH (Daniel Tailliferre Hauman) van der Merwe (Worcester, South Africa), Jeremy Kyne (Wellington, New Zealand), Jamie Mackenzie (Troon, Scotland), James Pritchard (Parkes, Australia)

England: Joe Simpson (Sydney, Australia), Delon Armitage (San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago), Alex Corbisiero (New York, USA), Matt Stevens (Durban, South Africa), Dylan Hartley (Rotorua, New Zealand), Simon Shaw (Nairobi, Kenya), Shontayne Hape (Auckland, New Zealand), Manu Tuilagi (Moto'otua, Samoa)

Fiji: Nicky Little (Tokoroa, New Zealand), Campese Ma'afu (Sydney, Australia), Deacon Manu (New Plymouth, New Zealand), Vitori Tomu Buatava (Melbourne, Australia), Michael Tagicakibau (Auckland, New Zealand)

France: Thierry Dusautoir (Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire), Fulgence Ouedraogo (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso)

Georgia: All Georgian-born.

Ireland: Ronan O'Gara (San Diego, USA), Isaac Boss (Tokoroa, New Zealand), Jamie Heaslip (Tiberias, Israel), Tom Court (Brisbane, Australia)

Italy: Carlo Del Fava (Umtata, South Africa), Corniel van Zyl (Nelspruit, South Africa), Quintin Geldenhuys (Klerksdorp, South Africa), Martin Castrogiovanni (Paraná, Argentina), Pablo Canavosio (Córdoba, Argentina), Luciano Orquera (Córdoba, Argentina), Gonzalo Garcia (Mendoza, Argentina), Robert Barbieri (Toronto, Canada), Sergio Parisse (Mar del Plata, Argentina), Gonzalo Canale (Córdoba, Argentina), Luke McLean (Townsville, Australia)

Japan: Luke Thompson (Christchurch, New Zealand), Michael Leitch (Burwood, New Zealand), Ryukoliniasi Holani (Nuku'alofa, Tonga), Shaun Webb (Blenheim, New Zealand), Justin Ives (Mosgiel, New Zealand), Sione Talikavili Vatuvei (Nuku'alofa, Tonga), James Arlidge (Hamilton, New Zealand), Murray Williams (Lower Hutt, New Zealand), Ryan Nicholas (Broken Hill, Australia), Alisi Tupuailai (Manunu, Samoa)

Namibia: Jacques Nieuwenhuis (Brakpan, South Africa), Piet van Zyl (Worcester, South Africa), Danie Dames (Pretoria, South Africa), Chrysander Botha (Walvis Bay, South Africa), Conrad Marais (Walvis Bay, South Africa)
NB At the time of their birth Walvis Bay was South African territory.

New Zealand: Mils Muliaina (Salelesi, Samoa), Ben Franks (Frankston, Australia), Jerome Kaino (Tutuila, Samoa), Isaia Toeava (Moto'otua, Samoa)

Romania: All Romania born.

Russia: Adam Byrnes (Sydney, Australia), Vyacheslav Grachev (Tashkent, Uzbekistan)

Samoa: Census Johnston (Auckland, New Zealand), Anthony Perenise (Wellington, New Zealand), Olé Avei (Wellington, New Zealand), Daniel Leo (Palmerston North, New Zealand), Kane Thompson (Paraparaumu, New Zealand), Kahn Fotuali'i (Auckland, New Zealand), Jeremy Sua (Wellington, New Zealand), Tusi Pisi (Auckland, New Zealand), Sailosi Tagicakibau (Auckland, New Zealand), James So'oialo (Wellington, New Zealand), Ti'i Paulo (Christchurch, New Zealand), Filipo Lavea Levi (Hamilton, New Zealand), Junior Poluleuligaga (Auckland, New Zealand), Tasesa Lavea (Taihape, New Zealand), Paul Williams (Auckland, New Zealand)

Scotland: John Barclay (Hong Kong), Nathan Hines (Wagga Wagga, Australia), Dan Parks (Hornsby, Australia), Jim Hamilton (Swindon, England), Ruaridh Jackson (Northampton, England), Max Evans (Torquay, England), Graeme Morrison( Hong Kong)

South Africa: Tendai Mtawarira (Harare, Zimbabwe)

Tonga: Tukulua Lokotui (Auckland, New Zealand), Kurt Morath (Takapuna, New Zealand), Alipate Fatafehi (Sigatoka, Fiji), Ephraim Taukafa (Auckland, New Zealand), Joseph Tuineau (Suva, Fiji), Thomas Palu (Wellington, New Zealand), Andrew Ma'ilei (Auckland, New Zealand), William Helu (Otahuhu, New Zealand), Siale Piutau (Auckland, New Zealand)

USA: Takudzwa Ngwenya (Harare, Zimbabwe), Iñaki Basauri (Monterre, Mexico), JJ Gagiano (Cape Town, South Africa), Matekitonga Moeakiola (Vaini, Tonga), Valenise Malifa (Pago Pago, American Samoa), Hayden Smith (Penrith, Australia), Tai Enosa (Faga'alu, American Samoa), Andrew Suniula (Pago Pago, American Samoa), James Paterson (Christchurch, New Zealand), Tim Usasz (Brisbane, Australia), Junior Sifa (Faga'alu, American Samoa), Roland Suniula (Pago Pago, American Samoa)

Wales: Luke Charteris (Camborne, England), Danny Lydiate (Salford, England), Toby Faletau (Tofoa, Tonga), Jonathan Davies (Solihull, England), George North (King's Lynn, England)


Importers and Exporters

Importers
15: Samoa (all from New Zealand)
12: USA
11: Italy
10: Japan
9: Tonga
8: England
7: Australia, Scotland
5: Canada, Fiji, Namibia, Wales
4: Ireland, New Zealand
2: France, Russia
1: South Africa
0: Argentina, Georgia, Romania

Exporters
38: New Zealand
13: Australia, South Africa
6: Argentina, England
5: American Samoa, Samoa
4: Tonga
3: Fiji
2: Hong Kong, USA, Zimbabwe
1: Burkina Faso, Canada, Cote d'Ivoire, Israel, Kenya, Mexico, Scotland, Uzbekistan
0: France, Georgia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Namibia, Romania, Russia, Wales
 
The captain of Namibia looks like a cross between Sylvester Stallone and his brother Frank Stallone.
 
Boks not really in the mood. A bit disappointing. Almost as disappointing as bobs lame excuses.
 
At last Bryan. At last.

Try - Habana becomes the Springbok record-holder when he score try number 37 in the green-and-gold. The try was one of his easiest ever, as he got it in space and simply burned his marker for pace on the outside.

And the boks with their 6 knocks in the first 12 mins are screwing up my score!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X