Official Chelsea Supporters Thread

Only if Di Santo scores a hattrick and goes on to become a new Crespo (only this time a prolific type for Chelsea) :D
 
I don't think Di Santo will be allowed, normally part of loan agreement that you don't play against your team.
 
That all depends... he could be used against Chelsea if there is a provision for it. We'll see come the weekend. If they aren;t playing him - then we must not lose and they must not score. They must see how much they miss our laaitie and play him more and more. So he can become brilliant and replace Drogs so-so come AFCON.
 
Wasn't impressed with Sturridge though... Nice to finally see Bruma play, wish we could see both Bruma and Hutchinson in the team one of these days. Also, I want more of Fabio Borini... as I said... Sturridge just didn't do it for me.
 
Joe cole = sex

So true, the guy was EPIC!!! Hope he gets some more gametime next week... but not too much. Don;t want him out again. I'd rather Ancelloti keeps him freshish and only starts playing him regular in about a month. Once he's had time to benefit from the new physios Milan Way training routines n stuff.
 
So true, the guy was EPIC!!! Hope he gets some more gametime next week... but not too much. Don;t want him out again. I'd rather Ancelloti keeps him freshish and only starts playing him regular in about a month. Once he's had time to benefit from the new physios Milan Way training routines n stuff.
watch him flop next week :D bahahahahaha :D
 
A question for the Chelsea supporters.

Why did Chelsea field a almost full stregnth side last night? I only saw the highlights (goals) and everyone was a first team player bar the keeper. I'm only asking as I seem to remember years previous that they used to field the first team in the Carling cup. Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal always put in B sides (well almost B as there are times one or two first team players will be playing).

Why are the reserve/youth players not given a chance?
 
A question for the Chelsea supporters.

Why did Chelsea field a almost full stregnth side last night? I only saw the highlights (goals) and everyone was a first team player bar the keeper. I'm only asking as I seem to remember years previous that they used to field the first team in the Carling cup. Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal always put in B sides (well almost B as there are times one or two first team players will be playing).

Why are the reserve/youth players not given a chance?
lol Poohmania, Chelski doesn't have any reserves :D this is their reserves... jks

I think Carlo really wants a trophy in his first season in charge, with his team at the moment he does have the capability to win this years League, but next two seasons would be interesting as no more transfers, aging midfield/defence he's going to have a tough time so why not make the most of it and win everything possible ;)
 
Last edited:
A question for the Chelsea supporters.

Why did Chelsea field a almost full stregnth side last night? I only saw the highlights (goals) and everyone was a first team player bar the keeper. I'm only asking as I seem to remember years previous that they used to field the first team in the Carling cup. Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal always put in B sides (well almost B as there are times one or two first team players will be playing).

Why are the reserve/youth players not given a chance?

Hilario/Turnbull - hilario was injured. Turnbull has had some epically crap games and wouldn't have started but his performance last night was quite surprisingly good. :)

Alex - been out for most of the season, first game back and needs the minutes.

Ivanovic - really have no idea why we played him (good for him to get game time, as it will probably be restricted when Boswinger comes back - even though we look more solid with Ivanovic on the right.

Ferreira - Needs the minutes as he has been out injured and Carlo needs to find a body to play on the left side of defence as Cole is out. I think he isn't taking chances with our Russian Ronaldinho because he isn't 100% yet. Though I would expect him to get some game time once he is fully fit.

Belletti - The right side trial, so to speak - in case Ivanovic is needed in the centre or gets injured... the silly season is coming up...

Ballack... ? No idea why he played him

Cole - needs the minutes more than anyone else. He showed glimpses of his brilliance last weekend, but wasn't as flashy tonight. Needs to reach a plateau. This is why he needs as many starts as possible.

Kalou - keep him in form, he has been quite good recently and it would be unwise to let him slip or lose confidence.

Sturridge - is young

Malouda - hasn't played in a while and needed the minutes.

Subs: Really saw no point in bringing Essien and Drogba on as we were 2-0 up at the time and we could have used the opportunity to blood some of the youngsters but we'll see... I think fishfly was right about whatever he said.

Remember... no Lampard, Carvalho, Terry, Drogba(st), Essien(st), Cech - those are our First Team definites. The rest are all semi-first teamers...

--

That all being said - the fringe youngsters will get quite the opportunity when the AFCON comes around. I've seen and hear good things about Nemanja Matic, Fabio Borini, Sturridge and ***uta will definitely get some extra play time when AFCON comes around so... looking at the season as a whole... the youngsters will get their chance to shine in more crunch matches from the way I see it.

@fishfly - very true what you said. It'll be interesting to see how the young signings pan out in that period. Particularly if Ballack retires from footy after WC2010 as he has said he would. I'm cautiously optimistic truth be told. :)
 
ye but smokey I would have expected Carlo to rest his big name stars as this season is going to be grilling on all players due to the world cup (hope this doesn't affect the world cup next year - everyones gonna be tired :( )... was it necessary to play a full string side? not even Arsenal and Liverpooh risked that for a carling cup ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X