Official Chelsea Supporters Thread

I give up, falling in love with a Chelsea Manager again. I was there when Jose left you for that Italian model, I was there when Guus left you for that Turkish belly dancer, I was there when your Russian step dad chased the Italian away and I was there for the countless one's inbetween. Go ahead, but this time I won't be there when you get your heart broken. :p

Fine... be that way. I won;t be there when your French pedo starts bringing children back from the playground for "tiki taka practice". I used to listen patiently to you, but now you can find someone else to hear your sorrows. :mad:
 
Its tippy tappy, I'll let you know.

From what I've heard so far AVB seems to speak his mind, which is refreshing. That will all change once he sees his quotes being twisted as only the english media can.
 
Snubbed Lampard quits bench
Frank Lampard's future at Chelsea could be in doubt after reportedly walking away from the bench when being an unused substitute in Saturday's 4-1 win over Swansea City.


Lampard, 33, has failed to make Andre Villas-Boas' starting line-up for three of the last four matches. But the game against Swansea was the first time he has not come off the bench.

Villas-Boas opted to use his final substitution to bring on 18-year-old starlet Joshua McEachran for Raul Meireles in the 83rd minute for his first appearance of the season in the Premier League. The Mail on Sunday reports that Lampard then got up and walked down the tunnel without speaking to his manager.

In Lampard's only start in the last four matches he was taken off at half-time in the 3-1 loss at Manchester United.

It suggests that Lampard may not figure in Villas-Boas' long-term plans after being a fixture in the Chelsea side since joining the club from West Ham United for £11 million 10 years ago.

Asked about Lampard's position, Villas-Boas attempted to play down suggestions that the England international's days are numbered.

He said: "I don't know but this is nothing to speculate about. They are team players and the players want the team to perform, and Frank is like that. He is a fantastic player, a magnificent player and soon he will be back to the team, sooner than you expect.

"The decisions today were mainly based on the fact we played 120 minutes (in the Carling Cup) on Wednesday and these players were fresh, apart from John Terry and Petr Cech. In a tight calendar like we have, it's important to have squad rotation."

With Steven Gerrard returning to fitness and, when fit, Jack Wilshere a certain starter for England, Lampard's position with the national team is also under threat.
.
 
He'll get game time and hopefully contribute to the season. He's still a great player, but he's not got the legs anymore. If he can't put up with being a sub (despite the fact that he's 33) then it might just be better we sell him. It's sad to say, but there it is... However, I personally doubt he threw a tantrum - maybe he just needed tog o to the loo? :p

Or, what is more likely, he just isn't used to being on the subs bench and is just embarrassed. Natural for a player that once started 168 consecutive games...
 
Quick update... before the game against Barcelona, Thibaud Courtois had only conceded 1 goal in 5 games. The fact he shipped in 5 against Barca is... well... more the fault of his defence (I saw three of the goals, and he really couldn't be faulted). All in all, looking like a great signing so far. Hopefully he plays another year or two extra for Valencia and then kicks Cech out of the team. We desperately need that Cech/Cudicini partnership again... only it would be Courtois/Cech this time around. Oh well... time will tell if he has the talent to replace our brilliant goalie.

On another note... We bought Courtois from Genk, Mata from Valencia and Ballack went to Leverkusen. all of them are in out group. Funny draw :)
 
He'll get game time and hopefully contribute to the season. He's still a great player, but he's not got the legs anymore. If he can't put up with being a sub (despite the fact that he's 33) then it might just be better we sell him. It's sad to say, but there it is... However, I personally doubt he threw a tantrum - maybe he just needed tog o to the loo? :p

Or, what is more likely, he just isn't used to being on the subs bench and is just embarrassed. Natural for a player that once started 168 consecutive games...

Honestly I think Lampard has not been the same player now for almost 2 seasons. He lost some of his creativity and basically just not the same player. A person could see when he played for England, I know it's a totally different team. But still
 
I do hope he regains some of his form, he can still be a fantastic player. But age is not on his side. Wit Mceachran, Meireles, Essien (when not broken), Ramires all available, the middle 3 is very competetive.
 
Why Kalou! Why bring him on! He's so shiteh! And costs us! WTF was he thinking!?
Nice game though from Chelsea second half, that goal keeper was a monster! Would've had 3 or 4 if it wasn't for him.
 
Imagine this scenario.

I'm watching the game with some mates at a friend's house. Happy we're winning and all of a sudden I see Kalou is coming on. I said - "Watch, we're going to draw because of a mistake by Kalou". A minute or so later, Kalou gives them the penalty. I was a laughing stock... :(
 
Kalou is a useless pig that should have been sold to Arsenal ages ago. He fits in there.

Their keeper was magical, some of the saves were miracles!

HTF does a ref blow a game while a free kick is about to be taken???
 
Imagine this scenario.

I'm watching the game with some mates at a friend's house. Happy we're winning and all of a sudden I see Kalou is coming on. I said - "Watch, we're going to draw because of a mistake by Kalou". A minute or so later, Kalou gives them the penalty. I was a laughing stock... :(
He's so useless! Carling Cup now here.
 
I dont know what you guys are complaining about - atleast he put his hand up....:D
 
But come on guys, yes the Keeper was good. But from what I saw on the highlights, some of those chances should been converted. You can't get so much opportunities and not score. Looks like the Utd game all over
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X