OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Not sure about 2G using more power than 3G. I think what saps power is the phone searching for signal so if you've set network to auto it will always be searching for the best 3G/2G tower. If the signal transmitted by the 3G/2G tower is weak the phone is lightly to be pulsing the whole time looking for a stronger signal. So I guess it's location specific. If you sitting in an office with a strong 3G signal set network mode to WCDMA only but if the 2G signal is stronger you want to set it to GSM...
 
I noticed that after updating to Froyo, my headset buttons are not working with the HTC media player which is use to do? Any experience this issue. Is it off by default, if so is there a way to turn this feature back on?
 
Perhaps trying running the phone on a wifi network where you can but limit the time mobile data is on and see what difference this makes to your battery life. Not ideal at all. I'm fortunate to have a wifi connection at home and at work which allows me to circumvent the need for mobile data running 24/7 and it seems to make a significant difference...

You are 100% right about Wifi.

I did an experiment - left my phone overnight (8 hours) with mobile data on (Only GPRS/EDGE though) - nothing auto-syncing. Lost 15%. The next night I left it on WiFi, also nothing auto-syncing. In the sametime it lost 5%.

Not sure why though. My iPhone 3G would lose 5%-10% with movile data enabled.

I mean, same house, so even if it does waste battery by looking for networks, the results between phones should be similar?

So if I'm on 29% or below, I just turn off mobile network to make sure the battery will last for the rest of the day.
 
Looks like I will have to take my Desire back to Vodashop for warranty claim. The restart and boot loop problem still happens, even after a hard reset. It happens if I have used an app for a while, or browsed the web for a while on my phone. The phone goes black, then HTC welcome screen comes up. After entering the pin, it goes black again, and repeats the whole process. This will happen until the phone is switched off, and the battery removed and put back. It seems that phone is very hot when it happens, more specifically the bottom section at the back.

After browsing the web, I've found that this is actually a very common problem, and is Mainboard related, so it looks like I will have to get this replaced. I hope that Vodacom or Leaf has stock of the parts to do it, otherwise I'm gonna be without a phone for a while.

Has this problem happened to anyone else?
 
I had 2 random restarts the last 2 days....1st was me launching Need for Speed to show off last night, and tonight when I was talking to my girlfriend. Will monitor it for the next few days, but I did flash the newest LeeDroid earlier this week, so will wait for the next LeeDroid to see if it is maybe the rom.
 
hey all. just updated to froyo. it's very cool but only two problems... my battery life is terrible. any solutions? also, my keypad no longer makes sounds when i dial. any workaround?
 
Thanks bro, I have the link in my sig as well :P

Any chance we will see something similar, but with red?

I am thinking of it, especially for fellow Ferrari fans, however my only dilemma is that the "End Call" and "Call" buttons will be red, i might just have to keep the call button green though. Maybe ill make that while i am doing the Green Carbon Version ;)
 
lol yeah okay did not think of that... But yeah just make the red stuff green or something, sure your creative mind will think of something that will fit nicely! You should post your stuff here as well, don't go through the XDA forums so much...
 
Anyone else notice FriendStream and Peep Broken, apparently only Twitter for Android (Official Twitter App works) something to do with new Authorization Procedure.

:-( Wonder when HTC will fix.
 
I'm looking for a nice silicone case for my Desire. Im torn between the PDair Luxury silicone one or the Capdase Xpose 2. The Capdase one has a screen protector though.
Any ideas on which one to go for?
 
For all the rooted HTC Desire fans using Leedroids 1.9a, I have just launched a full carbon fiber skin for download: Blue Carbon Fiber Sense UI + Battery_C -v1.2, available here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728107

Only for rooted deodexed ROMS

Enjoy :), let me know if you have any issues

I installed it this morning on leedroid 2.0, no issues at all. Thanks for the good work.

Now for a request if its alright... This clock looks really cool, how about something like this for your theme
http://www.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/glass-shelf-clock-sliders-lockscreen-for-manila-2-5/
 
For all of those who upgraded to 2.2 Froyo and ended up with HBoot 0.93 without the ability to root, see this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=768256

Best guide I have found so far and it works, took me 30 minutes to downgrade back to 2.1 update 1 with Hboot 0.83 and then root the phone with Unrevoked as well. (Link to Unrevoked supplied in the thread as well.)

Enjoy! :)
 
I need some help.
Running Leedroid 2.0:

Ok so I would like to use Launcher but I am not able to install the HTC sense clock as a widget using Launcher. Is there a way get the clock, that is about all that i miss from the sense interface.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X