OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

I need some help.
Running Leedroid 2.0:

Ok so I would like to use Launcher but I am not able to install the HTC sense clock as a widget using Launcher. Is there a way get the clock, that is about all that i miss from the sense interface.

u wont able to use sense widgets
look for widgets that look like htc sense ones.theres plenty
 
I spent some time looking for one, but those that I found are not exactly what i want and those that I want you need to pay...
 
sadly i dont think you will find one. try beautiful widgets they have some nice clock widgets
 
I need some help.
Running Leedroid 2.0:

Ok so I would like to use Launcher but I am not able to install the HTC sense clock as a widget using Launcher. Is there a way get the clock, that is about all that i miss from the sense interface.

Unfortunately you can't; the HTC widgets rely on Sense being present.

As an aside, here's my current combination of LauncherPro and WidgetLocker:

Lockscreen
attachment.php


Home screen
attachment.php
 
Um guys, can anyone point me to a step by step guide how to do that A2SD+ thing, I don't want to install everything all over again after I flashed.

Want to try Leedroid 2 this weekend. Hopefully this one is better than the 1.7a I had which has very small internal storage after first boot.
 
I need some help.
Running Leedroid 2.0:

Ok so I would like to use Launcher but I am not able to install the HTC sense clock as a widget using Launcher. Is there a way get the clock, that is about all that i miss from the sense interface.

PM me your email addy and I will send you the FancyWidget apk file. Looks exactly like the Sense clock widget...



Um guys, can anyone point me to a step by step guide how to do that A2SD+ thing, I don't want to install everything all over again after I flashed.

Want to try Leedroid 2 this weekend. Hopefully this one is better than the 1.7a I had which has very small internal storage after first boot.

Well, what I did was, I used ROM Manager to do the partitioning of the SD card. Select 0mb for swap size and 512mb for ext size. And after that is done, just follow the normal installation instructions included with LeeDrOiD. I have got everything installed that I need and still have more than 100mb internal left... Had 140mb after first boot.
 
Last edited:
PM me your email addy and I will send you the FancyWidget apk file. Looks exactly like the Sense clock widget...





Well, what I did was, I used ROM Manager to do the partitioning of the SD card. Select 0mb for swap size and 512mb for ext size. And after that is done, just follow the normal installation instructions included with LeeDrOiD. I have got everything installed that I need and still have more than 100mb internal left... Had 140mb after first boot.

Great, let me try this.

PS, it works, and flashed 2.0a. Thanks!!
 
Last edited:
So I installed this theme (Carbon EspressoMod ala BrightSilence v2.1) and it messed up my core.

After I flashed the theme, everytime when I start the phone I just get constant prompt to say android.acore encountered and problem, force closing..... and all the other programs as well. System is Unuseable.
 
So I installed this theme (Carbon EspressoMod ala BrightSilence v2.1) and it messed up my core.

After I flashed the theme, everytime when I start the phone I just get constant prompt to say android.acore encountered and problem, force closing..... and all the other programs as well. System is Unuseable.

That is very weird, and you are running LeeDrOiD 2.0a still?
 
That is very weird, and you are running LeeDrOiD 2.0a still?

Yes, 2.0a. I just did a full wipe of data and now my phone is just stuck at the booting stage where the Android sign is flashing. It's not the normal minutes for the first reboot. but more like 10s of minutes.
 
Damn...sound like you'll have to flash ROMs over again. :(

Its weird cause I am running 2.0a and I also flashed that brightsilence theme as well yesterday I think... No problems so far...
 
It being my birthday today and my car breaking down yesterday, I though bugg'rit and walked into Lab88 today and bought the Desire (yes, I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere but I was in that kind of mood). They have actual phones to play with, not dummies and I must say the Legend is a masterpiece of design and I was seriously tempted but they didn't have stock. Went to have a look at screen protectors etc with the salesman but they're all overpriced and of questionable quality. At which point I slipped the demo into my pocket to see how it would feel. Bought the Desire, paid and started going home. Halfway out of the centre I felt this phone in my pocket, counted the ones in my hands and found I had one extra. After a very brief wrestle with my conscience I took it back to the salesman and he was most grateful. He hadn't even missed it, but they'd had two stolen already and the one I had was a replacement he'd only just received on Friday. It made me feel good about myself. I don't know what that company's philosophy is, but I know that garage attendants pay for the fuel if a driver fills up and drives away without paying.
Awesome phone, BTW. I really think this is the bee's knees. Installed the 7 day demo of NDrive which I was very happy with on my Nokia 5800 (better than Nokia Maps) and it looks and feels the same. Got Google Apps going, Facebook done and loaded about 5Gb of music plus WiFi and Bluetooth. Android 2.2 also installed flawlessly when I got the WiFi going. So far looking sweet. Only problem is the plethora of apps in the Market, most of which are going to be a total waste of time. However, I'm pleased that one of the most important ones - Flashlight - is already built into the phone. It's absolutely indispensible, especially when the lights go out and you're working late at night ...
 
As a new Android user (since Saturday) does anybody else have an issue getting this phone to Sync with Exchange 2003?
 
Welcome to the club buffalobill :D

Thanks.
I must say the virtual keyboard is pretty cr**py so I've installed Thickbuttons which is better but certainly not as good as the 5800. Any suggestions about a really good keyboard would be welcome.
There's many different ways of transferring your contacts but I hit upon the one which was the easiest for me. Select all contacts and send them as business cards via Bluetooth. That worked a treat. (I don't use Outlook).
 
Oh, and one more thing. What's the best phone locator/security software out there? Should I "lose" my phone I want to be able to track it, track any sims inserted, lock it remotely, the usual good stuff. There's no ways I'm giving up this baby without a fight.
 
Oh, and one more thing. What's the best phone locator/security software out there? Should I "lose" my phone I want to be able to track it, track any sims inserted, lock it remotely, the usual good stuff. There's no ways I'm giving up this baby without a fight.

Wave Secure

As for keyboards I am pretty happy with the HTC_IME_MOD keyboard that is available at xdadevelopers. Layout and speed similar to the stock keyboard, but with a couple of nice tweaks.
 
Also try Swype out, you basically glide your finger from letter to letter and it predicts the words. It's difficult tof get used the old keyboard after using it
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X