OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

do you guys know of a custom which has implemented proxy configuration/scripts? being able to use my office's wifi network to surf the net and get updates would save me a huge amount in data bills.
I have done some high-level searching and it does seem to be something that is missing from the current android service offering. what are your guys thoughts?
 
New HTC Desire Model Official, Fixes 'Direct Sunlight' & Shortage Issues

so they are changin the screens on the desire
how can we get ours replaced? coz its almost impossible to check in direct sunlight?

http://www.ozcarguide.com/technology/cellphone-pda/3559-htc-desire-lcd-amoled

Rooting already reveals HD recording Desire, I found by using the powercontrol widget, you can set 3 levels of brightness, very helpful for outdoors,

To get ours replaced we would need to wait for the fones to be released so we can all run out and buy one, or check ebay when someone posts for replacement screens for desire and instructions to DIY<------------no ways we getting it for free, unless we all go knock, knock, knocking on Leaf Wirelesses door :D
 
yea i was thinkin the same.waitin for it to be released.checked ebay already.lol

i set the brightness to full now.it was on auto.will check and hope its better
will an anti glare screen protecter film help?
 
yea i was thinkin the same.waitin for it to be released.checked ebay already.lol

i set the brightness to full now.it was on auto.will check and hope its better
will an anti glare screen protecter film help?
on mine it certainly helped, but i got the grainy mat washable one, and that one i must admit makes it look a bit pixely, but it doesn't bother me... price of slightly pixelated screen protector vs no protector... i already have scratches on the protection film... so thank goodness for that.

BTW does anyone else also find that dust is starting to collect on the inside of the screen? how would you clean it out?
 
Remember, with LCD your viewing angle goes down the toilet, so if you are sharing a video with a friend it will look bad. And I dare say, the contrast ratio will be crap, so your pictures/graphics will look crap compared to a AMOLED screen. Then there is power usage. LCD has a back light, so where with AMOLED when there is black on the screen, the lights are physically off, but on LED they are on, so they use the same amount of power. But yeah, each has its advantages and disadvantages...educate yourself on what you will lose before you complain...I know I will fight to keep my AMOLED if it came down to it;-)
 
Remember, with LCD your viewing angle goes down the toilet, so if you are sharing a video with a friend it will look bad. And I dare say, the contrast ratio will be crap, so your pictures/graphics will look crap compared to a AMOLED screen. Then there is power usage. LCD has a back light, so where with AMOLED when there is black on the screen, the lights are physically off, but on LED they are on, so they use the same amount of power. But yeah, each has its advantages and disadvantages...educate yourself on what you will lose before you complain...I know I will fight to keep my AMOLED if it came down to it;-)

I totally agree with you that AMOLED is still better off than LCD, the resolution is also way better too IMO. The problem is not really the screen itself, it is actually the glass on the cover itself. I think they just skimped on giving it an anti glare coating or somewhat. Once you have an anti glare screen protector you can easily see it in the sun, not to mention the AMOLED is alot brighter too :)
 
Got to love eBay. Received my Black crystal gel case and Neoprene Pouch + LCD Film today (2 weeks, standard airmail from Hongkong), and together they cost less than R50.
 
just wanted to say that i've had my desire for a few days now and im absolutely loving it.. i was a die-hard symbian fan.. but i must say.. brilliant device
 
Got to love eBay. Received my Black crystal gel case and Neoprene Pouch + LCD Film today (2 weeks, standard airmail from Hongkong), and together they cost less than R50.

LOL yeah. I bought 6 screen protectors, and an original Google Nexus One pouch, for about R70 altogether, and then both arrived within about a week :P
 
I totally agree with you that AMOLED is still better off than LCD, the resolution is also way better too IMO. The problem is not really the screen itself, it is actually the glass on the cover itself. I think they just skimped on giving it an anti glare coating or somewhat. Once you have an anti glare screen protector you can easily see it in the sun, not to mention the AMOLED is alot brighter too :)

Have you seen the new SAMOLED screens? They are probably as much better than AMOLED as AMOLED is over LCD. Pity they are exclusive to Samsung at the moment, if HTC decided to switch up instead of down I would be forced to 'accidently' drop my phone in the pool the second the new stock arrived here :P
 
I found something android users might like

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-zodttd-psx-jiBDA.aspx

[video=youtube;UW7CxT0l20s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW7CxT0l20s&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Seems our favourite Iphone emu programmer Zodttd has finally released PSX4Android :D Also he is working on an N64 emu for android as well as VLC Media Player Android.

This is just another reason to get an Android phone :)
 
Hi,

I am considering getting a htc desire.
I however would like to understand the dual sim functionality better.
1. Will the Desire be able to run with my data card (currently in 3G modem), and simcard in my current cellphone, simutaneously (different accounts). I want to use the one for internet and the other for calls.
2. Why do the specs of the Desire say it is dual sim, but the salespeople at Nashua Mobile say they don't do any dual sim phones, yet have stock of the DESIRE?
 
Can someone please help me with the mms settings for virgin mobile for the desire. Phoned the helpline, but like always they are not of much help...emailed me wm6.5 settings...i tried using mtn mms settings as reference to enter virgin settings from my old phone but as soon as i change the MNC to 10 the APN disappear totally, no traces left behind. If i leave the MNC on 7/6 (standard) the APN doesn't do a vanishing act but still doesn't work. Also how do i choose which connection the phone will use for mms and which for internet??? Any help will be appreciated, been struggling for 2 weeks.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I have the exact same problem. I am unable to change the MNC number. This is quite a problem for me. To those who have flashed custom ROMs, do you still have the MNC as 10? If so, could you please provide me with a dump?
 
Has anyone used the ROM manager on LeeDroid's ROM?
I am on 1.3c, but i wanna upgrade and not have to go through all the hassle of backup and restore, can you use rom manager without having to reload everything on your fone again?
 
howzit guys
i bought a 8gb microsd .how do i go about copying everthing from my 4gb to this one?
is it simple as just copying everythin on the 4gb to my pc and then to the 8gb?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X