Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes. You've provided one terrible 'source' - the Mail, and one musing from a half reputable source. Notice he doesn't state anything of the sort, just wonders if it is true or not.

They also know that, with rival clubs now structuring contracts with lower basic salaries and higher incentives, they would be within their rights to do the same with Rooney, but would he accept a pay-cut to stay?

He never says that United have asked Rooney to take a pay cut, just that other clubs are structuring their wages like that, and United are within their rights to negotiate Rooney's contract similarly.
 
Yes. You've provided one terrible 'source' - the Mail, and one musing from a half reputable source. Notice he doesn't state anything of the sort, just wonders if it is true or not.

What are you talking about, the telegraph is reputable they broke the Ferguson retirement specifically the writer of the same article i linked Mark Ogden.

You said it was implausible, for it to be implausible i would have had to supply no articles stating reasons why Rooneys wages might be dropped and others reporting they believe it to be reduced. I supplied both, meaning its quite plausible. Can you supply me any with stories or reasons as to why United feel they should increase his wage?
 
What are you talking about, the telegraph is reputable they broke the Ferguson retirement specifically the writer of the same article i linked Mark Ogden.

So what?

You said it was implausible, for it to be implausible i would have had to supply no articles stating reasons why Rooneys wages might be dropped and others reporting they believe it to be reduced. I supplied both, meaning its quite plausible.

Yes from the Mirror :rolleyes: And one from a writer wondering if they would drop his wages. That's hardly a reason to state that United felt they should do so.

Can you supply me any with stories or reasons as to why United feel they should increase his wage?

I never said United feel they should increase his wage, why would I supply stories suggesting it?
 

Why are you deliberately trying to be obtuse, breaking the Ferguson retirement story lends credibility to them if you like it or not.

Yes from the Mirror :rolleyes: And one from a writer wondering if they would drop his wages. That's hardly a reason to state that United felt they should do so.

The Mirror??? Please try again, if you want to refute my points at least pay attention.


I never said United feel they should increase his wage, why would I supply stories suggesting it?

Ok so if you dont think they want to increase his wages and you dont think they want to decrease his wages are you suggesting United want to supply Rooney with a carbon copy of his current wages?? If that is the case can you supply reasons why you think this way?
 
Last edited:
Why are you deliberately trying to be obtuse, breaking the Ferguson retirement story lends credibility to them if you like it or not.

Even goal.com gets some things right. Me not turning to them for credibility does not make me obtuse.

The Mirror??? Please try again, if you want to refute my points at least pay attention.

Apologies for not typing the right name, credibility of the DM over Mirror - 5%? My point is - one completely BS source, the other (slightly more credible) article has the author wondering if United would consider dropping his wages. That does not make a plausible theory, sorry.


Ok so if you dont think they want to increase his wages and you dont think they want to decrease his wages are you suggesting United want to supply Rooney with a carbon copy of his current wages?? If that is the case can you supply reasons why you think this way?

You don't seem to realise the difference between "thinking something" and "saying something". I haven't seen credible sources for either scenario, so I don't pretend I know what's going on by saying something like it's a fact.

If I present something as an opinion, that's what it is, and how I present it. I don't present it as fact, as you have done, then get upset when asked for credible sources.
 
Very entertaining game. Zaha looks very very good. Not afraid to take on a defender and he beat his man many times.

Thought Lingaard was pretty decent too, 2nd goal by him was quality.

How Anderson even gets game time at Utd I don't know :/
 
[video=youtube;DcX3nCWmWLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcX3nCWmWLo[/video]
 
Even goal.com gets some things right. Me not turning to them for credibility does not make me obtuse.


Its starting to become a pointless argument imo so i will just have a final say on the matter. Telegraph is certainly reputable, you dont see them printing the types of articles like goal or offside might print. I would say Sky sports, BBC, Guardian and Telegraph are your best English sources of information, not that those are all perfect, it is the media after all.

You don't seem to realise the difference between "thinking something" and "saying something". I haven't seen credible sources for either scenario, so I don't pretend I know what's going on by saying something like it's a fact.

If I present something as an opinion, that's what it is, and how I present it. I don't present it as fact, as you have done, then get upset when asked for credible sources.

My apologies if you thought i was trying to present it as fact, its my opinion and i supplied reasons as to why i have that opinion. Clubs dont release information about salaries , its all educated guess work even by the media outlets and you will often see them making ridiculous claims about a players salary.
 
Telegraph is certainly reputable, you dont see them printing the types of articles like goal or offside might print.

You're missing the point. Even if you're of the view that the Telegraph is reputable (and I'll concede that point for the sake of argument) they never said that United wanted to decrease Rooney's wages. Ogden merely wondered in his article whether that was the case. So there is no source from the Telegraph. Unless every wondering from a journalist is now a reliable thing to say as a statement.

They also know that, with rival clubs now structuring contracts with lower basic salaries and higher incentives, they would be within their rights to do the same with Rooney, but would he accept a pay-cut to stay?

Nowhere is there any indication that United did anything of the sort.

My apologies if you thought i was trying to present it as fact, its my opinion and i supplied reasons as to why i have that opinion. Clubs dont release information about salaries , its all educated guess work even by the media outlets and you will often see them making ridiculous claims about a players salary.

The reason we're having this argument is that you did present it as fact:

Then when it came to renegotiating a new contract this last season, United wanted to reduce his wages and he was then dropped from the Madrid game.

You're right about it being pointless, but it was hardly presented as an opinion. Anyway, have a good day :)
 
Now you know how much I know about Italian league :)

It's a good league, defence is the best form of offence. Although Juve changed their style to all out offence with a 3-5-2 formation and Dominating the opposition
 
It's a good league, defence is the best form of offence. Although Juve changed their style to all out offence with a 3-5-2 formation and Dominating the opposition

Italian league used to be the best league imo, its pretty weak atm though which is largely due to all the scandals.
 
another loss for the mancs
jeez the season has not even started yet and moyes is under pressure already.
shame poor lad
 
another loss for the mancs
jeez the season has not even started yet and moyes is under pressure already.
shame poor lad

Hes under no more pressure than when he first started. Hes only had 3 pre season games after all
 
Hes under no more pressure than when he first started. Hes only had 3 pre season games after all

I know its 3 pre season games, but he's got to show the fans that the job is not too big for him.
he is a mid table manager that have not won any trophies.

only time will tell if he will buckle under the pressure.
 
I know its 3 pre season games, but he's got to show the fans that the job is not too big for him.
he is a mid table manager that have not won any trophies.

only time will tell if he will buckle under the pressure.

his mid table team finished above the mighty liverpool the past 2 seasons.. just saying
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X