KOPITE
Executive Member
his mid table team finished above the mighty liverpool the past 2 seasons.. just saying
we will see this season, looks like man u will be fighting with arsenal to get a champions league spot.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
his mid table team finished above the mighty liverpool the past 2 seasons.. just saying
I know its 3 pre season games, but he's got to show the fans that the job is not too big for him.
he is a mid table manager that have not won any trophies.
only time will tell if he will buckle under the pressure.
we will see this season, looks like man u will be fighting with arsenal to get a champions league spot.
"We've got a couple of wee worries," said Moyes. "Robin just felt his thigh in the first half and we didn't want to take any chances.
And Liverpool will be fighting Swansea/Everton etc for that 6/7/8th spot![]()
another loss for the mancs
jeez the season has not even started yet and moyes is under pressure already.
shame poor lad
While I realise that Liverpool's only hope of success is in preseason friendlies, I would caution you in expecting other teams treat them as anything more than a fitness exercise.
While I realise that Liverpool's only hope of success is in preseason friendlies, I would caution you in expecting other teams treat them as anything more than a fitness exercise.
United becoming the new Arsenal
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/24/thiag...anchester-united-reveals-dad-mazinho-3897104/
cheapskates
Shame man, you must be feeling so bad about your own club.
I'm proud to be a Liverpool supporter.
LFC is bigger then the players, unlike Rooney who seems to think he is above Man U
I'm proud to be a Liverpool supporter.
LFC is bigger then the players, unlike Rooney who seems to think he is above Man U
Robin van Persie's pre-season injury niggle is down to 'dinosaur coaching' methods, says Dutch fitness expert
Van Persie was withdrawn at half-time during United’s friendly in Japan on Tuesday because he had experienced tightness in a thigh.
Moyes said the substitution was pre*cautionary and that he expected the striker to be fine, but the new Manchester United manager was still subjected to stinging criticism from Raymond Verheijen, who has worked with Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City among others and has a reputation for being outspoken.
Writing on his Twitter account, Verheijin noted that Moyes had previously said United had ‘overtrained’ Van Persie at the start of pre-season.
He wrote: “In Sydney Moyes said: ‘We’ve overtrained Robin this week to build up his fitness’. [In Japan] he picked up muscle injury. It really makes you wonder how these prehistoric training methods can still take place at the highest level.
"The only way to solve this problem in Jurassic Park is to improve education of these dinosaur coaches, fitness clowns & scientific cowboys.
"All over the world in pre-season you see the pattern ‘overtraining-fatigue-injuries’. Always avoid accumulation of fatigue in pre-season.
"But as long as most dinosaurs are still in denial & ignore how things develop in other countries, nothing will ever change in Jurassic Park. Obviously, players like RVP should learn to protect themselves better against ‘overtraining’ & ‘punishing training’.”
Moyes admits he will be forced to rely on Ryan Giggs to guide him through the early stages of United’s Champions League campaign after admitting he has much to learn about the competition.
Moyes, who suffered a 4-2 aggregate defeat with Everton against Villarreal in the 2005-06 qualifying stages, will experience the Champions League proper for the first time as a manager when United begin their group stage fixtures in September.
Having taken charge of Everton on 26 occasions in Europe, Moyes was unable to go beyond the last 16 of the Uefa Cup or Europa League, but he takes charge of United with the club aiming to build a squad capable of winning the European Cup for a fourth time.
But while conceding that he will go into the Champions League as a relative rookie this season, Moyes believes that player-coach Giggs, who has more than 150 European appearances to his name, will be a crucial sounding board during the group stages.
“For me, the Champions League will be a thrill, but I’m going to have to learn a lot quickly,” Moyes said. “That’s where I’m looking to the likes of Ryan Giggs and a few players around me for the things which I need to be told about.
“It’s not all about the playing side of it – I’ve been in the Champions League [qualifiers], watched loads of games and managed in the Europa League – everybody has to start somewhere.”
With efforts continuing at United to lure Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas to Old Trafford, Moyes, in Osaka ahead of Friday’s friendly in Japan, remains hopeful of adding to the squad he inherited from Sir Alex Ferguson before the start of the season.
But having admitted that he must win a trophy quickly, Moyes is determined to add to the club’s history of success in Europe.
“The history of this club is immersed in Europe and I think to win one of the big European tournaments would always been seen as something special,” Moyes said.
“Winning your own domestic league is very important, but winning the Champions League has become very important, for the country and Premier League as well.
“I think the year when Manchester United and Chelsea played in the final, everyone connected to football in this country stuck their chest out.
“It was the German teams this year, in the past it’s been the Spanish teams. I genuinely think there’s a swell of pride from our country that we want the British teams to do really well.
“But I’ve got to say I’m really looking forward to it and hopefully we can do well this season and I do think it’s a much more open competition than it has been in the past.
“Even from the draw – if you don’t get a particularly good draw it can become a struggle whichever part of the world you’re playing in now.”
Pretty harsh statement, but Verheijen knows his stuff:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...aching-methods-says-Dutch-fitness-expert.html
How does he know the specifics of the training that is taking place![]()
How does he know the specifics of the training that is taking place![]()
To be fair, he criticised the methods that Moyes stated were used...
“In Sydney Moyes said: ‘We’ve overtrained Robin this week to build up his fitness’.
This is the Moyes comment he was unhappy about.
Yep, pretty much. And for a fitness coach who has created fitness plans for teams lauded for their fitness, I do value his opinion, even if harsh...

“In Sydney Moyes said: ‘We’ve overtrained Robin this week to build up his fitness’.
This is the Moyes comment he was unhappy about.
Yep, pretty much. And for a fitness coach who has created fitness plans for teams lauded for their fitness, I do value his opinion, even if harsh...