Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagawa won't wear number seven

Manchester United's new Japanese midfield signing Shinji Kagawa has talked of his excitement at joining the Red Devils, confirming that he turned down the chance to wear the club's famous number seven shirt.

Kagawa, 23, flew into Manchester on Friday to complete a medical and sign terms on four-year deal at the club, but wants to make his name at Old Trafford before possibly stepping into the iconic shirt worn by the likes of George Best, Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I've just joined the team and haven't accomplished anything yet," Kagawa told journalists in Japan after his 12-hour return flight. "I want to make a name for myself [at United] on my own terms."

Kagawa added that he had asked for a number "with personal meaning", leading to speculation in the Japanese media that the player could wear the 8, 26, or 29 as he did at Cerezo Osaka, or the 23 shirt he donned at Dortmund.

"The contract was as long as I'd expected from a club [like United]," Kagawa added. "When I was at [Old Trafford], I thought about how incredible it would be if I could score there."

Kagawa follows countrymen Junichi Inamoto, Kazuyuki Toda, Hidetoshi Nakata and Ryo Miyaichi into the Premier League, following two seasons in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund, where he scored 21 times in 49 league matches.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...wear-seven-shirt-at-manchester-united?cc=3888

What a man!
 
England getting knocked out is a good thing, as I'm sure Rooney, Welbeck and Young will come with on the pre season tour.

They have 3 weeks of rest now before it begins.
 
"There are less than 1000 in line in front of you"

Sigh.

Any one know what time the game will be in Durban on 18 July? Sucks that its a Wednesday!
 
Freaking queue system is taking damn long, lol. Number 1000 in the line.

i stood from 8am in the online queue ...got on at around 910

the seats for 350 were all sold out between 131-102 and 115-118

that i dont get cause how can 1000's be sold out within 10minutes ...some sort of scam i guess with computicket selling to dealers or so who create packages for vips

so i got 250 tickets on the corner ..

but tickets are with me and as well for the training but sucks cause im muslim and friday night is start of our fast
 
Fark !!! I got my turn and then when I selected the seats the system threw me out with an "Unexpected Error"....There were still a few blocks @ 350 available. Computicket sort you k@k out !
 
Got mine. SO glad. This will be my second time going to watch my beloved UNITED in Durban. Gotta love it. Cant wait to see Kagawa in action.
 
Fark !!! I got my turn and then when I selected the seats the system threw me out with an "Unexpected Error"....There were still a few blocks @ 350 available. Computicket sort you k@k out !

This system is total KAAARRRRKKKK... :)
 
Just got three R250 ticket for Cape Town. Not even a soccer fan, but reckon the spectacle is worth it. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X