FarligOpptreden
Executive Member
Anyone know when the Vodacom update is coming?
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
Right after you read through this site...
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Anyone know when the Vodacom update is coming?
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
I just phoned Samsung now...
Very kind and friendly, gave me the number to the nearest centre but she said that the update is not available yet?
She did confirm some time in Feb though...
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
how did you do it? i plugged in Kies but nothing there
ps. also with mtn
Yea me too ,,,,what are we not doing here ????
what do u guyz think of going to csc and getting ppl thr to do it for us ,,,,wud it be finished in waiting time or cud it take longer??
Howdy, I saw a few posts mentioning the "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" problem. With some guys having luck with new sim cards (doubt this will work for me as I got a brand new one with the phone not two days ago). The other cause being smss from a 555 number is looking more likely. I bought some airtime through internet banking and found it strange not receiving any sms (just after this the mentioned error started) and after I put the sim card in my old phone two smss arrived, one from 141 and 555. Putting the sim card in my galaxy all is well again.
This brings me to the point. Has anyone taken this any further or found any solution other than swapping sim cards? I'll probably go to my service provider on Monday and see what they have to say. Might have some leverage as my phone is still in the seven day period, although I am pretty sure this is not really a hardware failure and I very sure they are not getting my phone for 4 -6 weeks. Does MTN know about this? I guess there are not too many folks with this phone on topup type contracts.
Its looks like the update did sort out this problem I had. If anyone was wondering. Just to confirm:
![]()
size of update? MB
This is damn ridicilous now ,,,i mean some ppl are claiming to have already updated while us are still struggling to get a valid answer ,,,i too phoned samsung and they too said that they have no news about it
what verison of Kies are u using ?
also was it a branded or an unbranded galaxy S?
and finally ...do mention any thing out of oridinary that u might be doing so that the update is available for u and not for most of us![]()
what verison of Kies are u using ?
also was it a branded or an unbranded galaxy S?
and finally ...do mention any thing out of oridinary that u might be doing so that the update is available for u and not for most of us![]()
Not sure, but one crap thing was that every time I had to retry the upgrade it needed to download it again. Download part takes the longest.
Newest one (2.0.0.11014_49), tried 1.5 but that did not offer the upgrade for me when 2 did (long story, don't ask).what verison of Kies are u using ?
also was it a branded or an unbranded galaxy S?
...do mention any thing out of oridinary that u might be doing so that the update is available for u and not for most of us![]()
I found this on the samsung_sa blog
OTA
Submitted by fineline on Tue, 2011-02-15 13:31.
if you have a branded Galaxy S GT I9000 and it has a logo of your SP or any SP on start up you will receive the update via your cellular network. Kies is simply the catalyst that spawns the update. If you have an unbranded version one that only has a Samsung logo on start up you will have to download the firmware.
That is why I have it now because mine is unbranded not tied into any network by means of branding.
I cannot spell it out any clearer, think out of the box on this one, kies is a catalyst for the upgrade, it is also a delivery mechanism for unbranded models who will not receive OTA because they do not belong to a specific network . I would expound on it more but all my documentation is in Cape Town and I am here in the UK.
It's a simple concept.
now my question is where do you get the download ???
and all pix, music intact?
Yes, wanted to mention this, but forgot. Everything seemed to be intact after upgrade, home screen was clean and icons in "applications" was mixed up from before.
I got mine 2nd hand...
How can i tell if mine is branded or unbranded?
Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App