Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

So if i have an unbranded phone with a voda sim, does that mean i can take it to a voda shop?


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
So if i have an unbranded phone with a voda sim, does that mean i can take it to a voda shop?


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

What does ur current firmware says ...i mean does it say XFV or XFM or XFA in the end???

accordingly the answer will differ
 
XFA - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (Unbranded)
XFC - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will presume this is Cell C)
XFE - South Africa (Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) ( I will presume this is Virgin)
XFM - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will will presume this is MTN)
XFV - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will presume this is Vodacom)


XFA got theres today, the rest ... apparently is branded and will be on the 17th
 
Can anyone help me please! It will be greatly appreciated! :)

I am trying to install a custom rom, this one:

http://www.galaxyroot.com/odin-rom-...n-fully-working-base-rom-for-every-situation/

And it keeps failing, I can only get into the download mode, nothing else.
I have followed each step exactly, and no luck. Everything runs smoothly, then about 2 minutes into the installation my phone screen turns a solid colour (I have had red, green, blue, teal, purple, pink...) Odin seems to stop installing but does not say the install has failed until I unplug my phone, if I leave it, nothing happens and my phones screen stays a solid colour :wtf:

I can get back into download mode, but not recovery. So does anyone know how to finish installing (or install a fresh rom) through odin? I have been googling for the last few hours and I have had no luck...

Damn. And the phone won't boot at all I take it?

I'm not sure but it may need the jig? Anyone care to confirm?

All I can say is the simplest place to start with roms is here: http://romkitchen.org/

The colors though? Is that not part of the installation process?
I've not read up on Darky's stuff in a while. Try his own forum, just google for it, or xda as well.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Yeah, phone is not booting at all, I cant even turn it on! I can only hold down volume dowm, home key and power, then it goes straight into download mode and then the pc picks it up... As soon as my screen turns one of those colours the progress bar in odin stops, but does not say failed.
 
Yeah, phone is not booting at all, I cant even turn it on! I can only hold down volume dowm, home key and power, then it goes straight into download mode and then the pc picks it up... As soon as my screen turns one of those colours the progress bar in odin stops, but does not say failed.

Dude, only results I'm finding are for international phones, which are claiming to be bricked.

I don't know if its possible for you to flash the CF kernel, seeing that you can get into Download Mode.
But, that's only going to work if your previous Rom is still intact and if you need 2e recovery.

I'd wait and search for other advice.
I'm only able to comment on my experience and that was with the romkitchen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
If you have download mode then you're fine. Just flash any stock rom with Odin (as long as you haven't used any lagfixes)
 
Hi.. This idea might be stupid or superior... haha so let's give it a try!

Is it possible to do a REGISTRY HACK with KIES in order to obtain the update the XFA phones currently have access to?

And then... let's suppose a registry hack is possible, will a "XFA" update then "unbrand" your phone in terms of network operator add-ons / images?

EDIT: What I mean by "registry hack" is not to change the country (UK ie.) in the registry, but to change whatever defines your network operator (change to unbranded): So that you still get original South African Froyo.. but you don't have to wait for your network operators specific version.
 
My 1 gen iphone had over 10 small updates and at least 3 huge ones....
Im still waiting for my 1st update on the galaxy...
Sad really...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Battery life

This has probably been asked/commented on before ... so forgive me if has :o

My battery life on my phone is not much more than 18 hours with fair usage. Is this normal or can it be improved?

Are there other batteries out there for the phone which might last longer? :)
 
This has probably been asked/commented on before ... so forgive me if has :o

My battery life on my phone is not much more than 18 hours with fair usage. Is this normal or can it be improved?

Are there other batteries out there for the phone which might last longer? :)

If running Darky's Rom and my battery with heavy use is about a day, while fair usage - just some downloading of apps, facebook and a bit of browsing I can strech it to two days. If I really use it sparingly I can get it to go for more than 3 and a half days. Don't know what Darky did with the 9.1 version, but prior to this I wasn't getting a day at all. I see 9.3 is in beta last time I checked. Maybe put on a custom rom?
 
Why wait?
I really dont feel i should have to install a custom rom to get updated....
I got the 3 button etc but i dont have time fir soft bricking or even bricking for that matter...
I just want my updates :-O



Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Quick question...
On the face of the phone, u got the camera on the right and another 2 or 3 round things on the left? What are all the round things?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Quick question...
On the face of the phone, u got the camera on the right and another 2 or 3 round things on the left? What are all the round things?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

The light and proximity sensors


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
XFA - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (Unbranded)
XFC - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will presume this is Cell C)
XFE - South Africa (Vodacom, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) ( I will presume this is Virgin)
XFM - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will will presume this is MTN)
XFV - South Africa (Vodacom, Vodacom Lesotho, MTN, Cell C, Virgin) (I will presume this is Vodacom)


XFA got theres today, the rest ... apparently is branded and will be on the 17th

where do you get these from, *#1234#?
 
where do you get these from, *#1234#?


U can see what Firmware u are on when u connect to Kies and see the current firmware ,,,now in the end of that u will see either XFM or XFV or something similar ,,this tells u whether u are on mtn contract of vodcom or unbranded etc ....
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X