Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Any news for MTN ppl?


has anyone been to the Mtn support center yet and updated??
 
Ok so i'm finally running FroYo after updating my firmware via Kies. Phone runs a lot smoother etc. I would like to know, can i download the Ryanza lagfix now, and will this also improve my sgs performance?
 
Ok so i'm finally running FroYo after updating my firmware via Kies. Phone runs a lot smoother etc. I would like to know, can i download the Ryanza lagfix now, and will this also improve my sgs performance?

I tried Ryan's OCLF a few weeks ago and it was not working for me.
I think that on xda the thread has been changed to *Not supported*

I couldn't get it working for me.
Don't know if anything's changed, infact - just checking on xda, there's alot of closed threads - but it seems like their are other options, don't know for sure.
 
Can someone please copy the new vodacom rom with Rom manager and please upload it. :)
 
Man - this car dock would be sweet!


25778.jpg


But it seems like it's been discontinued.

The following one doesn't look as good.

26710.jpg


Pity it's in the UK though.
No decent car docks here?
 
Tried on win xp after 2hours all it did was ask how my mom was, on win 7 1st time laptop went to sleep 2nd time turned off sleep updated no problems.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Vodacom but with cellc sim inside

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Ok so i'm finally running FroYo after updating my firmware via Kies. Phone runs a lot smoother etc. I would like to know, can i download the Ryanza lagfix now, and will this also improve my sgs performance?

If you want to lagfix, I strongly recommend HardCore's speedmod Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=822756

Besides lag-fix it includes a lot of other really handy tweaks, especially for battery usage, brightness, sound, smoothness etc. If you find that your battery life suffers on Froyo, which I am pretty sure you will, you might look into turning off HSDPA, and using the JPA wireless drivers (see HardCore's sig for these fixes).

It is not as easy to use as RyanZA's lag-fix, and using the safe / safer lagfix options, you won't get the same quadrant scores as you will with RyanZA's, but this is a really solid kernel, with a lot of additional functionality (like using normal headphones to receive calls).
 
A lagfix isn't really necessary any more. Speedmod kernel with tweaks enabled or the Voodoo kernel gives great performance already.
Even stock isn't so bad with the latest Froyo firmwares.

The RyanZA lagfix is an 'old' method now, I wouldn't recommend it. It may give higher quadrant scores but it doesn't actually give better performance than the custom kernels with their lagfixes.
 
So at this point some MTN subscribers and some Vodacom subsrcribers have gotten froyo and the rest of us have nothing? Not a press release, not an error message - ***ol. Just an endless loop.
 
Ok, here's a tricky one for you all.

I've been thinking about the possibility of using my SGS directly tethered to my AC Ryan Media Player.
Now I've tried this before I rooted the phone - without success.

I think - I'm going to give it a bash with USB Debugging checked and see if it'll tether and if I can update the media player's firmware directly.

Thoughts?
 
Well it may be too early to tell but after 1 day of very hard use on froyo ive had no disconnects (was blaming cell c), no crashes, phone hardly ever lags. Its a whole different phone. What really bugs me is that samsung was so slow in getting this update out. If it didnt make such a difference i could understand but the diff is night & day. Now a happy customer would i recommend samsung im not so sure well see how it goes from now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Dawg. Thanks for the update.now I am really keen on getting the update asap
 
So i phoned samtech on sat morning before they opened and the recording said that they are open on Saturdays. SO i drive all the way there just find that they are not open. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCkkkkkkkkkkkk i hate it when that happens
 
Simple solution:

If Samsung is not interested in upgrading our firmware, just upgrade our hardware. After this whole mess-up the least Samsung can do is to give current Galaxy S owners a giant discount on upgrading to the Galaxy S 2. It would show that they still have some respect for their customers.
 
Simple solution:

If Samsung is not interested in upgrading our firmware, just upgrade our hardware. After this whole mess-up the least Samsung can do is to give current Galaxy S owners a giant discount on upgrading to the Galaxy S 2. It would show that they still have some respect for their customers.

There isn't an emoticon that could convey my emotions to your suggestion at this time.
So I'll try and spread it out over :wtf: :erm: :rolleyes: :whistle:

♪♫He's got high hopes, he's got high hopes. He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes♪♫

Emphasis on the high! :p :D
 
Hopefully by tom MTN usrers will have there uodates!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Well it may be too early to tell but after 1 day of very hard use on froyo ive had no disconnects (was blaming cell c), no crashes, phone hardly ever lags. Its a whole different phone. What really bugs me is that samsung was so slow in getting this update out. If it didnt make such a difference i could understand but the diff is night & day. Now a happy customer would i recommend samsung im not so sure well see how it goes from now

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Yeah, FroYo is NICE
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X