Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Any idea when Gingerbread will be out for Samsung Galaxy S in Sa?
 
It took about three months for froyo to come out after the world release. I would have thought that this time around we would get our update before HTC, but it doesn't look like it.
 
Well i'm so stoked! My new phone is faster, more responsive, less laggy and just more stable. The speaker is waaay better, and theres no static noise when on a call. Theres also no more popping sound when starting the phone. It looks like I can upgrade to 2.2 froyo now online. My phone currently has 2.1 eclaire. Is there any point in upgrading? How much of a difference is there?
 
Well i'm so stoked! My new phone is faster, more responsive, less laggy and just more stable. The speaker is waaay better, and theres no static noise when on a call. Theres also no more popping sound when starting the phone. It looks like I can upgrade to 2.2 froyo now online. My phone currently has 2.1 eclaire. Is there any point in upgrading? How much of a difference is there?

i could be the only one but i found that my galaxy was more stable on eclaire then what it is on froyo....
it never used to crash etc now it crashes more then before...
probably just me...


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
i could be the only one but i found that my galaxy was more stable on eclaire then what it is on froyo....
it never used to crash etc now it crashes more then before...
probably just me...


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

You upgraded to the standard froyo? I have never had problems with froyo, except for an modem issue.
 
yip, std froyo... eclair was better for me... hoping gingerbread will be treat my galaxy better:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
On darkys 10.1 so far its been great much snappier used my root backup to restore apps and app data no problems with any of them.
 
yip, std froyo... eclair was better for me... hoping gingerbread will be treat my galaxy better:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

I am on gingerbread now, and to me it feels the same as froyo. Actually it feels slower than darky's froyo rom.

Just waiting a bit longer to install darky 10, maybe you should also give it a try.
 
Darky's Gingerbread ROM + voodoo lagfix = super fast :)

Don't think he's got call recording or BLN in Gingerbread yet.

That is minor and I can live with it. It still shows RC on xda forums though, isn't he updating his page anymore.
 
I am on gingerbread now, and to me it feels the same as froyo. Actually it feels slower than darky's froyo rom.

Just waiting a bit longer to install darky 10, maybe you should also give it a try.

I've been wanting to but im very scared i brick my phone:(



Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I've been wanting to but im very scared i brick my phone:(



Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

It is actually quite easy if you follow the instructions. The problem is when you get used to it and don't and you have to use a different method. But there are ways to recover it, in most cases.
 
yeah, I've downloaded everything i need including the video Tutorials...
hopefully its successfully the first time:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
yeah, I've downloaded everything i need including the video Tutorials...
hopefully its successfully the first time:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

What ROM you flashing? Darky?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X