• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Official Vox DSL feedback thread

hayted

It looks like it is mainly the Western Cape that has Capacity / Infrastructure issues, I have seen that with several ISP's in the past.
I think they assume we spend most of the day on the Beach looking at the Mountain so have no real need for internet :)
This made me laugh - thanks :)

plugger123

Sunday again and the same happens. During the week in day time it's good but it seems saterday? and sunday? is a problem.... At night time I don't use the Internet so I don't know how it is then.

Perhaps they run into capacity problems on weekends because everybody is streaming stuff. Really hope not.
And, again... Sunday again and the same problem. ?????

Rohan

Im looking at getting a fatpipe 300gb account from Vox, if I can ask how is the performance on NNTP downloads as well as gaming?

Grumpy Old Man

Been trying to sign up for an account with VOX since this morning. No Luck! Website seems to be messed up. Ignoring emails as well. Aren't these people interested in business?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Not getting a price increase as far as I am aware, I did upgrade the product though, getting 300GB for R259.
Those who are enjoying the way higher cap products, at 30c/gig, you are way below the official price though.
If your cost is now more than the current site products, ask to be migrated to the newer products maybe?

mika1000

Expert Member
Got an email from Vox today that the Uncapped Bolt-On is being retired as of midnight 28 February 2018

"Dear Customer,

After a long and successful product life, Vox has made the decision to retire the Uncapped Bolt-On as of midnight, February 28, 2018.

Due to the price of ADSL data dropping substantially over the last couple of years and Vox being one of the top 5 ADSL ISPs in South Africa, offering capped ADSL at great prices, we believe the features and benefits of the current Fat Pipe DSL range far exceed those of the Bolt-On product."

:(

Dianysis

Expert Member
As a matter of interest, how is your Kodi performing at the moment (if you use it)?
Mine has been terrible for the last week or so. Not sure if vox or kodi....