Official Web Africa thread

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
@iDos We decided to start a thread in the hosting section as well to make it easier for those to find us there.

This thread will be used for internet access.

WebAfrica Helper

@Icemanbrfc As long as I get a GTX1080 for my next birthday. :D Must come from you! No loop holes :crylaugh:

Bedford

Ok so I decided to try a crystal web account and its worse... as in horrid! I was freezing every 20seconds! I dont know if they go over IS as well, but something has to be the same. Went back to the AH account and although the ping was higher it didnt have any issues!

This is driving me nuts...

WebAfrica Helper

@Bedford - provided the above information to the tech investigating your enquiry - you will be called with feedback the moment he has completed a few remote testing - appreciate your time - chat soonest

@Icmanbrfc - thank you for the mention - have a great day ;-)

Bedford

@Bedford - provided the above information to the tech investigating your enquiry - you will be called with feedback the moment he has completed a few remote testing - appreciate your time - chat soonest

I have submitted the request last week already and waiting on the reply. I also followed up with telkom and there was some noise on my line. They reset my port which helped and logged a request to find the problem.

But this is looking more and more like an IS issue (https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...SL-performance-feedback-thread-Part-3/page602) as my account on CW is having the same issue. Please guys this needs to be resolved, i dont want to have to go to AH again... Please guys.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master

No problem Rafeeqah :)

WebAfrica Helper

@Bedford - they would like you to test gaming without streaming - let us know how this goes - we will take it from there - please respond to the support ticket to ensure paper trail for investigation purposes

Bedford

@Bedford - they would like you to test gaming without streaming - let us know how this goes - we will take it from there - please respond to the support ticket to ensure paper trail for investigation purposes

Did that over the weekend and the problem persisted. Remember we dealing with an upload issue not download. So if i am streaming while playing or the wife is watching something on Netflix, that is all linked to download.

WebAfrica Helper

@Bedford One of our guys tried calling you but got your voicemail. Any specific time you wish to be contacted?

WebAfrica Helper

@purply - please DM your contact details - will ensure you are contacted to discuss cancellation - we are working on a improved process with regards to the cancellation requests - its mostly done the way it is for security purposes , however will forward your feedback to the retentions manager - looking forward to your DM so we may help

DeatheCore

@WebAfrica Helper

I have a query regarding FTTH:

A Telkom rep was going door to door since FTTH is being installed in our area sometime this year, he mentioned that Telkom can guarantee lower contention ratios on their network since they are a tier 1 provider or something along those lines and that other ISPs are selling bandwidth for cheaper due to higher contention ratios...

This didn't make sense to me as the ISP will still have to use Openserve IPC anyway?

Is there any truth in what he was saying about lower contention ratios let's say on a 100/50Mbps line with 400GB with Telkom versus 100/50Mbps through WebAfrica?

Thanks

WebAfrica Helper

@Deathecore - they are still running on a fiber infrastructure provided by open serve - our ratio is 10:1 - and so is Telkom - confirmed - this is their contention ration using the Telkom ADSL infrastructure - the same is applied for their fiber services - believe you might of been part of a good marketing pitch . Before you even get your data service your contention ratio is in the infrastructure - its the capacity of the line to withstand X amount of users - their, and all that use Telkom - is and has been 10:1

DeatheCore

Thank you for the explanation and confirming the contention ratios.

Where on the infrastructure does the contention take place? On the backhaul capacity? Per area on the DSLAM or?

So essentially any ISP that uses the Openserve infrastructure will be subject to a 10:1 contention ratio?