Official Web Africa thread

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
@Wayne - you will be contacted shortly by one of our senior technicians to ensure support for your latency issue. Chat soonest

WebAfrica Helper

@stormtactics - we are constantly is the pursuit to remain competitive - we have had a few price adjustments already and they will continue to happen to ensure Web Africans have the best of deals . Naked DSL will be available when we have telephonic infrastructure supporting this type of service .
We depend on Telkom - for telephonic infrastructure - once they make the move in this regard- we definitely will - however fibre expansion, does seem to taking priority these days

WebAfrica Helper

@Bedford - Good Morning - please drop me a PM with the ticket number - will have a look and ensure support asap - will be waiting for your message

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody know if WebAfrica has git installed on their shared hosting servers (Linux) and if it is accessible through a cron job? I'd like to use it for deployment so if there is alternative way please drop me know (or PM me).

WebAfrica Helper

@Hamster. Git is not installed on our shared servers. You can install it on a VPS or dedicated server whether it is a "managed" service or not.

WebAfrica Helper

@Hamster - will however forward this to the relevant departments as a suggestion . Rafeeqah

Bedford

Hey WA,

Just a FYI. I did a test with a Afrihost account (shudder...) and I never had any issues. So either i was lucky or there is some issue on ur network. I have sent this info off to your team, but wanted to post it here. Maybe anyone else with this issue could perform the same test and see if their problem also goes away?

WebAfrica Helper

@Bedford - will definitely ensure our service managers are informed of this - submitted your comment to them, just now.

animehero

Expert Member
Hi again Webafrica Helper.
Is this only for ADSL related discussions?Or Fibre+ Hosting stuff allowed here as well?

Bedford

Hey WA,

I sent your techie the trace routes and waiting his reply. Also did further testing on AH and again no issues...

WebAfrica Helper

Thanks Bedford. We got the ticket ID with us. We will be sending this off to the guy you were in contact with now and get back to you.