Online retail heats up

Brewmaster

"That guy"
epic fail. i've seen cheaper prices at brick and mortar businesses. xbox pro for 3.2k? lol

Flipside

wow chill out on the gifs, and also no sorting of products, mmm not a great start.

FaNIX

Expert Member
I liek the site, cools cool, and I also like the product information, but as far as prices go, they are more expensive than www.pcint.co.za... Whenever that changes I'll give it a go.

HBee

Expert Member
total time on site : 2 min
total errors : 10 (server errors - not browser related)

How can this be available to the public ?

As a yardstick I have found that the effort and care taken on the website is related to the service that will be delivered.

gryster

WOW possibly the ugliest web-site known to modern man.

I sure hope the management is reading this so they know how Truly amazingly bad they have done approving this trash.

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
WOW possibly the ugliest web-site known to modern man.

No need to go overboard.

I wouldn't give too many marks for the prices, content and speed, but I quite like the look. The black gives it contrast. Its bold, not bland and wishy washy like most site we see these days. I guess its a matter of taste.

The biggest problem they will face is breaking into an already crowded space.

Its no good saying, "Seen it cheaper? We will beat any price." They need to put those "we will beat any price" prices right up there on the site, or people will go elesewhere.

Biggie

No need to go overboard.

I wouldn't give too many marks for the prices, content and speed, but I quite like the look. The black gives it contrast. Its bold, not bland and wishy washy like most site we see these days. I guess its a matter of taste.

The biggest problem they will face is breaking into an already crowded space.

Its no good saying, "Seen it cheaper? We will beat any price." They need to put those "we will beat any price" prices right up there on the site, or people will go elesewhere.

That's an understatement.

IMO the only solution in this flooded market will be for many resellers to team up and create one huge newegg type site.They sell anyway to every Dick with a cc.Actual stock is the key.You need brick & mortar to go online,fully ecommerced.

TheBandit

the site really needs to be redesigned completely to have any chance of competing
apart from the obvious errors, browsing for products is a complete mess and the filters are absolutely rubbish

even tho its hosted locally, its damn slow

i havent compared prices yet

superfly

Oh, not to mention that their product names are full of funny characters, and their font sizes are all over the place...

And I want to search for Acer laptops... why is there no Brand categorization?

Eish... and this was after only a minute on their site...

Ap0c

ParcelNinja CEO Justin Drennan
Company Rep
Interesting

Not quite sure how they managed to have nearly the same payoff line as we have..... O well.

I tried to find some of the new canon camera or lenses on the site, and didnt manage to find anything. Not quite sure if they selling only IT stuff, but they seem to have a lot of products online!

Hopefully they can get some of their categories, images and search fixed... nice to see more online stores in South Africa.

Ghost02

Expert Member
They going to fail unless they fix the cr@p website and bring down prices

CrzWaco

Expert Member
I will give them some time but I don't like not knowing how much delivery is going to cost me. The last time I just wanted a single case and the delivery cost was R250 way to much. Free local delivery... LIES!
Is it just me or did they not have any Blu-ray disks?

Still very slow site I think he thought we had broadband in this country!

BandwidthAddict

Expert Member
OMG!! What a crap site.

Do these people actually have a brain? Normally I am not so dramatic, ok, I lie, I love to be dramatic but people, have we not learnt from Google?

You want to be lean and mean; that means fast response times, fully focussed on functionality. When we think online store, we want to get to our items with a minimal of fuss and then we want to pay for it easily. Simple.

Where they can win, though, is in service. The service of the other online stores is abysmal, bordering on abuse. If they can do the service with a smile, they will win big.

falcrum

I compared some of the prices with the Rectron pricelist, but couldn't find any correlation. Some products like Seagate harddrives are hardly more than what Rectron is asking, while others like Gigabyte graphics cards are way overpriced.

As for the site itself... I have to agree with everyone else. Looks horrible, and it's hard to find anything... too many products to browse through, and filtering by brand is not enough.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
Not Good: I say we should all mail these guys on what a disappointment their BUSINESS is.

I'm trying to buy a SD Card from them but "she is broken". Never have that problem with Kalahari.

*** UPDATE ***

Just tried to send them a kind message on their site being broken and low and behold I got a mail delivery failure. It seems these guys are really broken...

Last edited: