OpenServe Cancelling My Line Without Consent - Help!

AychJayEm

I've been without internet access since the morning of Friday 24 June. My ISP is Afrihost. I have a DSL line (no fibre in the area yet).

After spinning the wheel to find out why my connection wasn't working (Billing? Nope, up to date. Router reconfiguration? Nope, tried that multiple times, no luck. Loadshedding? Nope, got a UPS.) it came to light that my line was cancelled without my knowledge or consent.

Afrihost says that the issue lies with OpenServe, and that only OS can reinstate the line once they resolve the issue. It's been 5 days. I work from home, data is expensive and the airtime spent calling Afrihost for updates is exorbitant. Contacted OS about the issue and they requested a bunch of details I don't have access to, only the previous home owner, who is no longer around.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and what happened to resolve it? I'm thinking of cancelling my debit order until such time that OS reinstates my line.

Help, please!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
I've been without internet access since the morning of Friday 24 June. My ISP is Afrihost. I have a DSL line (no fibre in the area yet).

After spinning the wheel to find out why my connection wasn't working (Billing? Nope, up to date. Router reconfiguration? Nope, tried that multiple times, no luck. Loadshedding? Nope, got a UPS.) it came to light that my line was cancelled without my knowledge or consent.

Afrihost says that the issue lies with OpenServe, and that only OS can reinstate the line once they resolve the issue. It's been 5 days. I work from home, data is expensive and the airtime spent calling Afrihost for updates is exorbitant. Contacted OS about the issue and they requested a bunch of details I don't have access to, only the previous home owner, who is no longer around.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and what happened to resolve it? I'm thinking of cancelling my debit order until such time that OS reinstates my line.

Help, please!

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are experiencing.

Can you send me a pm with your email address so I can ivestigate for you?