Openserve Line Migration Maddness

MDKza

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share my story with you.

Mid March 2019
  • I did the months notice cancellation with Axxess, that happened fine and the line was cancelled. Cancellation date was 1 May 2019.

29 April 2019
  • Received B number from Axxess forwarded it on to Cool Ideas. They confirm when the line is released they will take it over.

1 May 2019
  • Ask CI for confirmation if line is taken over. No response.

2 May 2019
  • Cool Idea's confirmation that line was attempted to be taken over but hasn't been released.
  • Call logged with Axxess they say line release is still executing.

3 May 2019
  • Ask for an update from Axxess regarding release - Axxess responds saying there is no update.
  • Got a cancellation SMS from Telkom/Openserve - asked Axxess for an update.
  • Axxess confirm the line has been released.
  • On the same ticket I inform CI that line has been release.
4 May 2019
  • Ask CI for an update - No response.
5 May 2019
6 May 2019
  • Ask CI for an update - "Please note that we have submitted the receive of ownership and requested that Openserve assist in pushing same through manually as soon as we have the confirmation that the line is 100% with Cool Ideas we will activate the service."
10 May 2019
11 May 2019
  • CI responds saying case has been escalated to their service manager.
13 May 2019
14 May 2019
  • CI responds saying, "Openserve confirmed that the line is still with your previous ISP."
15 May 2019
  • Respond on Axxess ticket asking for confirmation of release line - they say its been released.
  • I ask for proof - they give me the order number from Telkom.
  • Send order number to CI and they ask if the case is "executing" or "done"
  • I ask Axxess - no response.
16 May 2019
  • Axxess confirms the status shows done.
  • I respond to CI saying the status is done.
  • CI respond, "Please note that we have escalated the matter further with Openserve. As soon as we have further feedback we will advise you accordingly."
19 May 2019
  • Ask CI for update - no response.
20 May 2019
  • CI responds, "Openserve had a system error were multiple orders got stuck in their system. They have confirmed that the order was escalated to their commercial department for manual assistance in pushing the order through. I have requested feedback and should we not have same by 10 am this morning I will call Openserve."
  • I ask CI for feedback.
  • CI responds, "We have escalated this with Openserve as stated below, we will provide feedback soonest when it has been provided from Openserve."
23 May 2019
  • I ask CI for feedback.
  • CI responds, "Please note that we are still waiting for feedback from Openserve. As soon as we have feedback, that is when we will be contacting you."
27 May 2019
  • I sent to CI, "Please can I get an ETA for this? this is taking far too long. Please give me the reference number with Openserve."
  • CI responds, "We apologise for the inconvenience and the frustration caused. Please note that we have requested feedback from Openserve with regards to your order and as soon as we have have feedback, that is when we will be contacting you. Please note that we have made this a matter of urgency."
  • I respond, "Please give me the reference number with Openserve."
  • I respond again after 3 hours, "Please give me this ref number?"
  • CI responds, "Please see Order number 222441808A"
  • At this point I ask MyBB reps, some people I know at Telkom (they all respond with "your ISP has to take this up with Openserve")
  • I laugh/cry cause technically at this point I have no ISP.
29 May 2019
30 May 2019
  • CI responds, "We have not received any feedback as yet we do apologise for the inconvenience caused"
31 May 2019
  • Ask CI for update
  • CI responds, "Thank you for your patience regarding this order. This mail is to inform you that there is no feedback as of yet however we have followed up with the fibre line provider. As soon as we have information we will be in touch."
  • I ask CI for their service delivery manager to phone me - no response.

I have learnt a few things:
  1. I am too persistent.
  2. I expect too much from people.
  3. LTE is expensive.
  4. Don't use Telkom unless you absolutely have to.
  5. Don't ever transfer a line to another ISP.
  6. At this point I wish I never transferred.
  7. It's never been so hard to get someone to take my money from me.

cavedog

Honorary Master
We are in June now are you sorted?

I'm not sure how long a line can stay in the holding pool but I think if it stays there to long it gets cancelled.... As for a new line installation is usually like 2 or 3 working days after Openserve gets the order so might as well have just gone with a new line installation.

Maybe @PBCool can shed some light?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Hi guys,

Thought I'd share my story with you.

Mid March 2019
  • I did the months notice cancellation with Axxess, that happened fine and the line was cancelled. Cancellation date was 1 May 2019.

29 April 2019
  • Received B number from Axxess forwarded it on to Cool Ideas. They confirm when the line is released they will take it over.

1 May 2019
  • Ask CI for confirmation if line is taken over. No response.

2 May 2019
  • Cool Idea's confirmation that line was attempted to be taken over but hasn't been released.
  • Call logged with Axxess they say line release is still executing.

3 May 2019
  • Ask for an update from Axxess regarding release - Axxess responds saying there is no update.
  • Got a cancellation SMS from Telkom/Openserve - asked Axxess for an update.
  • Axxess confirm the line has been released.
  • On the same ticket I inform CI that line has been release.
4 May 2019
5 May 2019
6 May 2019
  • Ask CI for an update - "Please note that we have submitted the receive of ownership and requested that Openserve assist in pushing same through manually as soon as we have the confirmation that the line is 100% with Cool Ideas we will activate the service."
10 May 2019
11 May 2019
  • CI responds saying case has been escalated to their service manager.
13 May 2019
14 May 2019
  • CI responds saying, "Openserve confirmed that the line is still with your previous ISP."
15 May 2019
  • Respond on Axxess ticket asking for confirmation of release line - they say its been released.
  • I ask for proof - they give me the order number from Telkom.
  • Send order number to CI and they ask if the case is "executing" or "done"
  • I ask Axxess - no response.
16 May 2019
  • Axxess confirms the status shows done.
  • I respond to CI saying the status is done.
  • CI respond, "Please note that we have escalated the matter further with Openserve. As soon as we have further feedback we will advise you accordingly."
19 May 2019
20 May 2019
  • CI responds, "Openserve had a system error were multiple orders got stuck in their system. They have confirmed that the order was escalated to their commercial department for manual assistance in pushing the order through. I have requested feedback and should we not have same by 10 am this morning I will call Openserve."
  • I ask CI for feedback.
  • CI responds, "We have escalated this with Openserve as stated below, we will provide feedback soonest when it has been provided from Openserve."
23 May 2019
  • I ask CI for feedback.
  • CI responds, "Please note that we are still waiting for feedback from Openserve. As soon as we have feedback, that is when we will be contacting you."
27 May 2019
  • I sent to CI, "Please can I get an ETA for this? this is taking far too long. Please give me the reference number with Openserve."
  • CI responds, "We apologise for the inconvenience and the frustration caused. Please note that we have requested feedback from Openserve with regards to your order and as soon as we have have feedback, that is when we will be contacting you. Please note that we have made this a matter of urgency."
  • I respond, "Please give me the reference number with Openserve."
  • I respond again after 3 hours, "Please give me this ref number?"
  • CI responds, "Please see Order number 222441808A"
  • At this point I ask MyBB reps, some people I know at Telkom (they all respond with "your ISP has to take this up with Openserve")
  • I laugh/cry cause technically at this point I have no ISP.
29 May 2019
30 May 2019
  • CI responds, "We have not received any feedback as yet we do apologise for the inconvenience caused"
31 May 2019
  • Ask CI for update
  • CI responds, "Thank you for your patience regarding this order. This mail is to inform you that there is no feedback as of yet however we have followed up with the fibre line provider. As soon as we have information we will be in touch."
  • I ask CI for their service delivery manager to phone me - no response.

I have learnt a few things:
  1. I am too persistent.
  2. I expect too much from people.
  3. LTE is expensive.
  4. Don't use Telkom unless you absolutely have to.
  5. Don't ever transfer a line to another ISP.
  6. At this point I wish I never transferred.
  7. It's never been so hard to get someone to take my money from me.
My line was transferred from afrihost to cool ideas in 3 days.. Then again I'm with vumatel and I phoned them 3 times in 4 hrs to make sure afrihost had released my line

MDKza

We are in June now are you sorted?

I'm not sure how long a line can stay in the holding pool but I think if it stays there to long it gets cancelled.... As for a new line installation is usually like 2 or 3 working days after Openserve gets the order so might as well have just gone with a new line installation.

Maybe @PBCool can shed some light?

Negative - still struggling..

My line was transferred from afrihost to cool ideas in 3 days.. Then again I'm with vumatel and I phoned them 3 times in 4 hrs to make sure afrihost had released my line

I think Vuma might be easier - never dealt with them so I wouldn't know.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Negative - still struggling..

I think Vuma might be easier - never dealt with them so I wouldn't know.
Maybe openserve is incompetent.. Anything to do with telkom usually rings alarm bells.. Won't touch them with a ten foot pole no matter how good their Fibre /mobile offerings are.. Just my opinion

MDKza

Maybe openserve is incompetent.. Anything to do with telkom usually rings alarm bells.. Won't touch them with a ten foot pole no matter how good their Fibre /mobile offerings are.. Just my opinion

Telkom is unfortunately the only Fibre provider I can get at home.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Telkom is unfortunately the only Fibre provider I can get at home.

If I was you just place a new order and forget about the old line. IF you order today by Wednesday or Thursday the contractor will pitch up with the ONT and install... How many more months are you going to wait? Wow it's not supposed to take this long.

MDKza

If I was you just place a new order and forget about the old line. IF you order today by Wednesday or Thursday the contractor will pitch up with the ONT and install... How many more months are you going to wait? Wow it's not supposed to take this long.

I have already stuck my neck out for some LTE..
It would be nice to hear what @PBCool has to say before I place an order.
Thanks for your advice though

cavedog

Honorary Master

Yeah might be better because a new installation usually comes with it's clawback but CISP does not charge which is a plus I guess but yeah maybe see what he says.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Oh darn. Mine was meant to happen today and I can see a cluster f#$k happening.

Ares1000101

I'm experiencing the same. I'm with Afrihost, Openserve network. All I wanted was a line migration from old premises to new premises.
My story started on the 3rd May when I applied for migration.

Same story, apparently issues at Openserve at requests got canceled.
Then a story about my address. Wanted erf number and utility bill. Gave them erf but couldn't give utility bill as the agent does not provide this to us as renters.

Anyway address sorted out. The migration request went through successfully on the 27th....
I was told 2-5 days. Today is day 5.

I anyway whatsapped Afrihost yesterday to check, and apparently the migration is done. He wanted me to try login with my details.
It didn't work so he said he will log a fault.

5.75gb mobile data burnt last month.

All fingers and toes are crossed....

MisterV

why the move though? CISP seems to be going down the pooper at the moment. What did you experience with Axxess that made you consider CISP?

Monka

Remember Openserve falls under Telkom so anything commercial is handled by Telkom and Openserve takes care of the technical side of things. I dont know what your experience has been with Telkom/Openserve over the years but they have made alot of changes internally and are still working hard everyday to deliver a world class connectivity. What the OP is going through is very sad but CISP are not to be blamed nor is Openserve,actually noone should be its just unfortunate that OP had to go through this experience but believe me Openserve and Telkom are working tirelessly to resolve the system issue that they are currently working on.

I cannot share or divulge any further details as to why you are going through like many other internal and external clients as i am not a Openserve/Telkom Rep but stay put i believe your matter will be resolved.

Venomous

Honorary Master
I'm experiencing the same. I'm with Afrihost, Openserve network. All I wanted was a line migration from old premises to new premises.
My story started on the 3rd May when I applied for migration.

Same story, apparently issues at Openserve at requests got canceled.
Then a story about my address. Wanted erf number and utility bill. Gave them erf but couldn't give utility bill as the agent does not provide this to us as renters.

Anyway address sorted out. The migration request went through successfully on the 27th....
I was told 2-5 days. Today is day 5.

I anyway whatsapped Afrihost yesterday to check, and apparently the migration is done. He wanted me to try login with my details.
It didn't work so he said he will log a fault.

5.75gb mobile data burnt last month.

All fingers and toes are crossed....
Then you give them the front page of the rental contract.
It should have your and the landlord's details on it.

Venomous

Honorary Master
CI is going to hate me for this.

In the last 2 months I've helped 7 people sign up with Bitco that originally signed up with CI, all because CI somehow keeps dropping the ball.

Example:
This happened in march-
Person, lets call them A, paid Vumatel their installation fees, 2 years before, when vuma were laying cables in their area. Vuma installed it all back then.
A never used the fibre. Then their work changed and they needed more data. So they decided to finally get fibre.
They decided on CI. Signed up. Waited, waited, waited.... A also kept calling CI.
March my phone rings. You can hear the near hopelessness in gent's voice. A had applied with CI 3 months before.
I helped A sign up for Bitco Home Fibre.
There were things Vuma had to do on their side as the line was unused for more than 6 months, so that caused a delay, but Bitco and I made sure A had working fibre asap, and 5 working days later A had working fibre. It was only 5 because we had to wait for Vumatel.

There are many other threads, recently, about CI dropping the ball.

Bitco Home Fibre does resell Openserve fibre, so if you want I can help you getting going with Bitco. They offer uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled internet and they also do VOIP services.

MDKza

why the move though? CISP seems to be going down the pooper at the moment. What did you experience with Axxess that made you consider CISP?

Most of the time their service was fine. Sometimes there was problems where my line speed was just half randomly.
On occasion I couldn't stream full HD video from the likes of YouTube or Twitch.
I always heard positive things about CI...
Really regret the move.
CI is going to hate me for this.

In the last 2 months I've helped 7 people sign up with Bitco that originally signed up with CI, all because CI somehow keeps dropping the ball.

Example:
This happened in march-
Person, lets call them A, paid Vumatel their installation fees, 2 years before, when vuma were laying cables in their area. Vuma installed it all back then.
A never used the fibre. Then their work changed and they needed more data. So they decided to finally get fibre.
They decided on CI. Signed up. Waited, waited, waited.... A also kept calling CI.
March my phone rings. You can hear the near hopelessness in gent's voice. A had applied with CI 3 months before.
I helped A sign up for Bitco Home Fibre.
There were things Vuma had to do on their side as the line was unused for more than 6 months, so that caused a delay, but Bitco and I made sure A had working fibre asap, and 5 working days later A had working fibre. It was only 5 because we had to wait for Vumatel.

There are many other threads, recently, about CI dropping the ball.

Bitco Home Fibre does resell Openserve fibre, so if you want I can help you getting going with Bitco. They offer uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled internet and they also do VOIP services.

I am going to PM you. Thanks.

MisterV

Most of the time their service was fine. Sometimes there was problems where my line speed was just half randomly.
On occasion I couldn't stream full HD video from the likes of YouTube or Twitch.
I always heard positive things about CI...
Really regret the move.
Yeah, well i really hope you can get it sorted out. keep us posted about CISP when you are finally able to use the service.

MDKza

Ok well I have heard nothing from the CISP rep.
Nothing on my support call.
I am going to do some shopping and see what other ISP's can offer me. Willing to take suggestions.
I have given my details to Venomous and BitCo will hopefully be in contact with me.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Ok well I have heard nothing from the CISP rep.
Nothing on my support call.
I am going to do some shopping and see what other ISP's can offer me. Willing to take suggestions.
I have given my details to Venomous and BitCo will hopefully be in contact with me.
They definately will! The right person will call you in the morning as he was leaving when I spoke to him, but still took the time to chat to me. He knows you are super frustrated, and you will be in excellent hands :cool:

Ares1000101

So here's my kak.
Maybe I was noob, but yesterday Afrihost tell me my Openserve line was canceled. They need to investigate why.
I nag them today. And they tell me it is because I gave them my B number from my old premises.

Now, how would I give them any other B number? The place I moved to has fibre installed, but there is no way for me to know this B number?
Am I Retard?

I still think they are wrong. Surely a migration is to migrate from one place to another with existing h/w and b number?

Is someone able to clarify?