OPTIC NETWORKS horrible service

lloydcmb

Optic Networks, owned and run by Chris Knipe, has decided to flip the switch on Friday evening, 29 June, with zero notice or forewarning to his clients. No response to mails, sms’s, phone calls etc. No answer on cellphone, *(074) 404-5057‬, or work phone, *(021) 300-1680‬, or mail cknipe@opticnetworks.net

Issue is now we cannot have our fibre lines migrated to another service provider as Chris will not respond to cancellation requests from clients.

Where to from here?

Disgraceful service and zero integrity.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
ISPA or ICASA maybe if you really want to. Alternatively stop the payments and contact another service provider who would be willing to find out the cediing process for you.

I read here that he somehow also was previously involved in some other company where he sold it off or something and the clients or users there weren't happy. Can't remember the name of the previous outfit.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Didn't they shut down? I'm pretty sure there was something along those lines here on MyBB - search this forum for Optic Networks.

BrendanMc

Expert Member
Optic Networks, owned and run by Chris Knipe, has decided to flip the switch on Friday evening, 29 June, with zero notice or forewarning to his clients. No response to mails, sms’s, phone calls etc. No answer on cellphone, *(074) 404-5057‬, or work phone, *(021) 300-1680‬, or mail cknipe@opticnetworks.net

Issue is now we cannot have our fibre lines migrated to another service provider as Chris will not respond to cancellation requests from clients.

Where to from here?

Disgraceful service and zero integrity.
Yeah and then he has the cheek to send out invoices, and late payment notifications!
I know someone that has a wireless internet setup with him, that received an invoice and late payment notification, despite having already paid and now that service isn't working either!

HApyM3al

Expert Member
Look at Bothasig fibre thread. This has been covered.

I have given up on trying. Sent emails, tried calls etc. no response. Since May have decommed my wireless link. Still receiving bills which I refuse to pay.

I shall stick to mainstream ISPs from now on.