[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

ToxicCorra27

The laptop doesn't cast the same way as google chromecast. Use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to the TV.
Certain apps can be case from your phone to the Android TV (DStv, netflix, youtube etc. you will see the cast icon in the app)... Also, download the official Android TV remote control for android TV from the play-store. It will enable your phone to act like a remote.
Hi PDF27, so my Hisense TV has a chromecast build in. So trying to connect via my Gaming PC from my room to the living room and not having much luck.

ToxicCorra27

The laptop doesn't cast the same way as google chromecast. Use an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to the TV.
Certain apps can be case from your phone to the Android TV (DStv, netflix, youtube etc. you will see the cast icon in the app)... Also, download the official Android TV remote control for android TV from the play-store. It will enable your phone to act like a remote.
Hi PDF27, I'm not using a Laptop. I have a PC in a different room. My TV also has the Chromecast built in. But I am unable to connect to it.

Howzit42

Howzit42
Company Rep
Howsit, Howsit42. I'm assuming that you are referring to *.avi video formats. Most TVs, including many smart TVs don't play many *.avi formats. It has to do with the encoding of the file itself. I own the Q8600 and many of my .avi videos cannot be play. Samsung has this issue too. To get around it, try and download a free video formatter (there are many available on the internet) and try and change the format of the gym video to a. Mp4, this will sort the issue out
Thanks for the reply. It is actually a mp4 format video with AC3 audio which complains about the audio not being recognised. Same video plays fine on my Hisense 55 inch so I'm guessing a firmware update should sort out the issue but I cannot find a firmware download on ny website for the 49B5500PT

MrSheepe

To whom this may concern,

I'm currently looking for the latest version for my

Hisense 55" 4K UHD - A6100 | 55A6100UW TV

the current software version is: VA002.01.00a.J0603.

@Hisense SA

Kwertie

I'm currently looking for the latest version for my

Hisense 55" 4K UHD - A6100 | 55A6100UW TV
Yep, this would be greatly appreciated. I have the same model and am also picking up problems with Netflix freezing and no wireless network detected. Sometimes I have to pull the plug and do a cold reboot to solve the issue. Kind of a bummer when you've just settled into your lazy boy with a bowl of snacks on your lap.
Asseblief Hisense.

joe_java

Hi

could someone please help me?

I watch supersport via DSTV Now app on my 55inch Hisense model number 55a6100

The problem i have is that my stream quality us very bad and not HD.

I have a 20mb download and 2mb upload fibre line with Afrihost. Netflix and Youtube is perfect and HD.

I have updated the firmware and recently also cleared the tv cache. Sport live stream quality still very poor.
I've read i should update the dstv now app, but don't know how.
this model does not have google play store.

please could someone help me.

thanks
Joe

djbrendan

Expert Member
Whats the overseas model of our hisense 65B8000UW ?
Went through the pages here, its the H8f.
Rtings are saying its a great tv for the price compared to LG and Samsungs simliar offers ( and more expensive )

Reading your comments, seems you guys are loving the model as well. Saying the colors are great and feature set.

Black Smoke

Bought my 55" Q8600 in November last year and loving it.

However I now realise a 65" would be better suited for my lounge

Do you think it would be possible to exchange for the 65" model?

Tech_

Hello All

I'm having an issue with my hisense 50A6100UW where it keeps disconnecting from my WiFi resulting in Netflix not working.
I have to sign out of NF and power off the TV, power up and connect to WiFi and sign in to NF again.
I tried doing a firmware update from the TV but it said it was up to date.
I have seen a few posts on here that the firmware can be updated via USB, can anybody help?
The TV says software version V0000.01.00a.I0929/2016.1.2

djbrendan

Expert Member
Bought my 55" Q8600 in November last year and loving it.

However I now realise a 65" would be better suited for my lounge

Do you think it would be possible to exchange for the 65" model?
If i have some extra to spend, then i'll go for the q8600 65". Tv seems amazing for the price.
But as it stands, i'll be going the B8000uw 65"

R1aan

HiSense Model 43n3000uw

afternoon
is there a work around to install the DTSV app on my model?
i contacted Hisense service support and they said it wont be rolled out for my model.
help would be much appreciated

regards

Black Smoke

HiSense Model 43n3000uw

afternoon
is there a work around to install the DTSV app on my model?
i contacted Hisense service support and they said it wont be rolled out for my model.
help would be much appreciated

regards
If not supported then there's no way unfortunately

Mic413

Hi @Hisense SA

I'm having a problem with my 55A6100UW Television. Since the firmware update a week ago, several apps and the TV's ability to play any video via apps appears to be disrupted. The DSTV Now and Youtube apps load videos infinitely with no playback resulting. The Netflix app, when opened, shows a black screen and then crashes back to the app selection screen. I have tried unplugging, resetting the app data via settings and a factory reset - none of which have fixed the problems. The previous firmware which was functioning perfectly so this has been incredibly frustrating and there are no links to download and reset the firmware manually.