Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Made Halloumi again. 5min at 200c. Just starts to get nice and brown and crispy on the outside while still gooey on the inside.

Learnt my lesson from the first time and letting it cool down for a few minutes before digging in. Also put it on baking paper this time so that it does not go oozing through the grid.

Expensive little treat but so so worth it.

Bundu

Expert Member
Woop woop

My loot order has been dispatched. Soon I shall be airfrying with you lot.
Great, enjoy!

I'm also new to air frying and the things I've learnt so far, are:
Be careful not to over cook!!!!! - these things are efficient
When using added oil, use one with a high smoke point, like Avocado, or extra light olive oil etc
When cooking something with a lot of internal fat/oil and it smokes a lot, add some water to the bottom pan
Cleaning the monster, is not as easy as I had wished :-(

Share your 1st experiences with us? :)

jman

Expert Member
Settings?

Mine was delivered today... Yippeee!
Nice! Uhm, I think 160 for 40 mins or so, then 200 for an additional 5-10 mins. Apparently it's best to first boil the eisbein for like an hour and then use the airfryer to get it crispy, but I had good results just straight in the airfryer

What's the difference between the Phillips Nirmal and XL. Yes, of course the size...but anything else? Also, does anybody know (specifically about these two) in terms of power consumption? If it's 2100W...does that mean it will consume that always OR is it dependent on temp selected?

What's the difference between the Phillips Nirmal and XL. Yes, of course the size...but anything else? Also, does anybody know (specifically about these two) in terms of power consumption? If it's 2100W...does that mean it will consume that always OR is it dependent on temp selected?
More W is better and faster. Size is obvious and makes a huge difference. It is the difference between fish fingers and a whole chicken. 2100W will depend on how hot it runs.

Bundu

Expert Member
the wattage only indicates how fast it can reach a temp. - it does not mean the fryer will use more power under the same cooking conditions as a lower wattage (or higher) fryer