Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

theratman

Executive Member
So for a total

Is this one worth it or should one rather get the XL version?
This one is a 1/3 smaller than xl at 0.8 (I think)I think it's a good price but other mybbers who have an xl should weigh in :) I need one for 2 people and this fits the bill

Aharon

Executive Member
Also besides the electronic interface what is the difference between the avance and vivo.

Got one of those glass convection things yesterday to see how much use we have for such a gadget before going for the big investment

jman

Expert Member
I'm not sure you'd be able to fit a whole chicken in the Vivo for example. Rather get bigger than regret getting a small one

abudabi

Expert Member
Used mine yesterday to do crumbed chicken steaks and discovered it billowing black smoke. Seems the eisbein i did last time burnt onto the element. :rolleyes:

Just leave it to burn off or clean it with something (and if so what is the something)?

jman

Expert Member
Used mine yesterday to do crumbed chicken steaks and discovered it billowing black smoke. Seems the eisbein i did last time burnt onto the element. :rolleyes:

Just leave it to burn off or clean it with something (and if so what is the something)?
Sometimes things get on the element. Just take out the tray and basket and have a look. You might need to use a scrubbing brush and some water to get whatever it is off

abudabi

Expert Member
Sometimes things get on the element. Just take out the tray and basket and have a look. You might need to use a scrubbing brush and some water to get whatever it is off
Cool.. They must have received this stupid question a few times... :D

Steps to clean the inside of your Philips Airfryer:
  1. Unplug your Airfryer and make sure that it is not hot.
  2. Remove the basket.
  3. Turn the Airfryer upside down to reach the heating element more easily.
  4. Clean inside with hot water and a soft sponge.
  5. If necessary, food residues stuck to the heating element can be removed with a soft to medium bristle brush. Do not use a steel wire brush or a hard bristle brush, as this could damage the coating of the heating element.
  6. The area behind the heating element can be reached with a flexible brush.
  7. After cleaning your Airfryer, turn it on and let it run for a few minutes without any food in it. Residues that could not be wiped off should now be loose and are caught in the pan.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Cool.. They must have received this stupid question a few times... :D

Steps to clean the inside of your Philips Airfryer:
  1. Unplug your Airfryer and make sure that it is not hot.
  2. Remove the basket.
  3. Turn the Airfryer upside down to reach the heating element more easily.
  4. Clean inside with hot water and a soft sponge.
  5. If necessary, food residues stuck to the heating element can be removed with a soft to medium bristle brush. Do not use a steel wire brush or a hard bristle brush, as this could damage the coating of the heating element.
  6. The area behind the heating element can be reached with a flexible brush.
  7. After cleaning your Airfryer, turn it on and let it run for a few minutes without any food in it. Residues that could not be wiped off should now be loose and are caught in the pan.
Also see my tips: Keeping your Philips XL Clean and some other Tips

abudabi

Expert Member
Oh.. and i must just say.. those chicken steaks last night were amazing... so much better than the normal oven. Cripsy outside and super soft inside.

Where can one buy the foil cups? I want to try those.
I have no idea. I would assume there is a section in PnP or any shop with baking goods. My mother has these things since she likes baking so I'm going to take a few from her

I googled it and this came up. It's quite cheap and I'm sure I've seen those Crazy shops around.

jman

Expert Member
Little bit of a fail on some crumbed chicken breasts I made last night.. They were quite dry and some of the crust stuck to the basket when taking out. Suppose I'll learn for next time