Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

Bundu

Expert Member
any tips to keep the basket and or bottom pan cleaner or easier to clean on the XL model?

RedViking

Nord of the South
any tips to keep the basket and or bottom pan cleaner or easier to clean on the XL model?
Fill it with hot water and sunlight. Let it stand for a bid. Use a soft soggy sponge to wipe it clean. Same for the grid.

Bundu

Expert Member
Fill it with hot water and sunlight. Let it stand for a bid. Use a soft soggy sponge to wipe it clean. Same for the grid.
I normally wash them separately - I guess it would be easier to put the basket into the pan and soak like that - I feel stupid now ;)
Thanks!

RedViking

Nord of the South
I normally wash them separately - I guess it would be easier to put the basket into the pan and soak like that - I feel stupid now ;)
Thanks!
I know. I did the same. :X3:

Maybe a couple of other tips for everyone.
Keeping your Philips XL Clean and some other Tips:

• To clean the Grid and Basket.

Just take out the basket holder and the basket/grid, leave the basket in the basket holder, pour some sunlight liquid in and fill it with very hot water and let it stand. You can then just use the back of a soggy sponge to clean the grid. Very easy!

• To clean your Philips airfryer and fan:

Yes! Your airfryer also needs to be cleaned. Take a torch and look at the element! Sies man!

Get a spray bottle, fill it with some sunlight and water. Put a dry cloth at the bottom to catch the dirt and water. Now use the spray and spray the element and top properly! Let it stand and repeat maybe with clean water (no soap). Dry everywhere you can reach and switch it on for 5 minutes (with the basket in!)
1548359507261.png

You can also turn your airfryer upside down and use a scrub to clean the element side. Switch it on a again afterwords for 5 minutes (with the basket in).
1548358716907.png

• The drawer for the Airfryer start to become a bit squeaky and tight over time.

Get a can of Q-20
1548358670874.png

Remove the basket and grid. Close the drawer. You will notice part of the rail/slider sticking out. Put a little bit of Q-20 in the slots. Magic!!!

• Cheesy and sloppy stuff on the grid (like those fillets with the sauce in):

Put some baking paper on the grid!!
1548359078724.png

• Instead of brushing food with oil, just put the chips or veggies in the basket, use spray and cook and spray it all!!!

Shake it and spray it, shake it and spray it!

1548359211350.png

Last edited:

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Boyfriend made us petite (fancy unnecessary word for small lol) hake fillets in the airfryer this evening. Coated in egg, then dipped in a mix of coconut flour, almond flour, sunflower seed flour (we grind seeds in a coffee bean grinder), fish spice and lemon rosemary spice. In airfryer for 7 minutes at 200. Crispy on the outside, juicy inside! The side is a cheese, bacon and onion cauliflower bake done in conventional oven.

DSC_0475.JPG

RedViking

Nord of the South
Boyfriend made us petite (fancy unnecessary word for small lol) hake fillets in the airfryer this evening. Coated in egg, then dipped in a mix of coconut flour, almond flour, sunflower seed flour (we grind seeds in a coffee bean grinder), fish spice and lemon rosemary spice. In airfryer for 7 minutes at 200. Crispy on the outside, juicy inside! The side is a cheese, bacon and onion cauliflower bake done in conventional oven.

View attachment 610806
Can you recommend a coating for Chicken?

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Can you recommend a coating for Chicken?
A colleague of mine swears by spelt flour and parmesan as a crust. I personally haven't tried this, spelt still being high carb, but should be good for gluten intolerance? Dischem stocks it. Otherwise we've done a combo of almond flour and parmesan crust in the past, dipped in egg first, very yummy! As it's being done in airfryer with zero to none bashing about, will hold coating in place.

Bundu

Expert Member
Bought pangasius fish fillets from Food Lovers, did them at 170 for 7 minutesView attachment 612170. Holy hell, it was good! The beans are fried in butter with garlic and sesame seeds.
Looks seriously delicious! Did you do it all in the air fryer? or the beans in the pan?

I've made a note to rather be conservative with my fryer cooking times, especially with fish - it's so easy to over-cook, as this thing is so efficient

Last edited:

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Looks seriously delicious! Did you do it all in the air fryer? or the beans in the pan?

I've made a note to rather be conservative with my fryer cooking times, especially with fish - it's so easy to over-cook, as this thing is so efficient
Beans were done in pan so everything was ready at the same time We have an induction plate that we use if only one pan / pot cooking required in addition, so it's lower on electricity and time versus usual electric stove top.

Bundu

Expert Member
looks juicy and yummy! I also often use only salt+pepper - too many spices can spoil a dish

I bought some mince, onions and garlic today - want to make some nice meatballs and curry mince pies..........

APoc184

Honorary Master
How long and at what temp ? And what size was it roughly ? Thanks
It was a 600g piece. Slightly smaller diameter than a coke can. I cut it into 4 smaller chunks. Smaller, thinner end pieces went in 5 minutes later than the rest,

Was in for 15min at 160... And a further 5min at 200 to crisp up the outside properly. Left in the airfryer to rest for about 8min while I finish the pumpkin.

abudabi

Expert Member
Choices choices.... Is it really worth R1300 more :unsure:

Has anyone got the XXL and can vouch for it?

1549348198933.png