Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

Aharon

Executive Member
Hi Guys,

Just finished reading this long :) thread - looks very good. Couple questions:

Can you use spray and cook?
Will fish fingers frozen work?
Will frozen soya products - sausages and the like (such as Fry's) work?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Hi Guys,

Spray and cook. Yes. I use it for the basket to avoid things sticking to it. But haven't used it on the food itself.
Frozen everything works.
Can't see why soya stuff wouldn't work.

D3nz

Honorary Master
I'd brush the soya with oil before frying. They're rather dry.

theratman

Executive Member
On a daily deal a TA. Guessing it's too small but sharing nevertheless Screenshot_20190115-120829.jpeg

RedViking

Nord of the South
Don't get anyhing smaller than an XL. Unless you only planning to make fish fingers and chips for one.

WAslayer

Expert Member
The XXL is huuugee.. but that's priced at 4499 at Makro.. so the XL is where it's at in terms of value for money..

xeslaro

Expert Member
Hi Guys,

Spray and cook works.

Fish fingers from frozen are simply the best I've ever tasted. Very Crisp outside whilst tender and juicy inside. Cannot beat it imo.

I know zero about soya, but I can't see why it won't work. I do frozen cheese/chicken/mince mini sausage rolls, and they come out perfect.

xeslaro

Expert Member
My opinion on the price of the Phillips fryers. In spite of owning one, they are over priced. Their popularity is driving the prices into stupid.

The construction of these things are chinesium like. If you think about it, the fryer merely consists of a hot plate and a fan in a container.

In comparison, a similarly priced defy stove has 4-plates with bake/grill oven and which constitutes way more material to manufacture, much larger/heavier to move and way bigger storage footprint.

Phillips/retailers are ripping a new hole into us.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
My opinion on the price of the Phillips fryers. In spite of owning one, they are over priced. Their popularity is driving the prices into stupid.

The construction of these things are chinesium like. If you think about it, the fryer merely consists of a hot plate and a fan in a container.

In comparison, a similarly priced defy stove has 4-plates with bake/grill oven and which constitutes way more material to manufacture, much larger/heavier to move and way bigger storage footprint.

Supply and demand, sadly. Completely agree.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Hi Guys,

Yes and yes, I cook from frozen all the time. Frozen pies also work well.

ekske1

Executive Member

Agreed and this is why I thought the first time I handled one it feels as if it could break.