Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

I personally couldn't care less, it's not my fight to fight. If something tastes good then I'll have it. If I feel for pork then I'll go somewhere that serves it. I don't understand this 'principle' thing though, all you're doing is spiting yourself because it's not likely to change - if a Muslim or Jewish restaurant owner refuses to serve pork then there's nothing we can do about it...

Yea, on the flip-side, in parts of India you'll be jailed for eating beef. Authentic Pizza is vegetarian anyway so can be enjoyed by all.
 
I personally couldn't care less, it's not my fight to fight. If something tastes good then I'll have it. If I feel for pork then I'll go somewhere that serves it. I don't understand this 'principle' thing though, all you're doing is spiting yourself because it's not likely to change - if a Muslim or Jewish restaurant owner refuses to serve pork then there's nothing we can do about it...

It is not just about the pork.
 
Thinking of getting home-made pizza this weekend... saw that deeghuys has pizza bases
 
Lunch today. Nothing beats homemade pizzas :).

TNpfpST.jpg

ZMY5Ycr.jpg

Nn4uGdv.jpg
 
Lunch today. Nothing beats homemade pizzas :).

TNpfpST.jpg

ZMY5Ycr.jpg

Nn4uGdv.jpg

Did u make the bases? If so u mind posting the recipe and method up till cooking! They look good! I have an oven but normally buy bases from a pizza place. R15 each!
 
:)
Did u make the bases? If so u mind posting the recipe and method up till cooking! They look good! I have an oven but normally buy bases from a pizza place. R15 each!
Yep. I use the same recipe I would for bread, as follows:

// 500g flour (I used spelt in these bases)
// Salt
// Yeast

1.) Mix dry ingredients.

// 1 Tbsp honey
// 2 Tbsp olive oil
// 2 cups warm water

2.) Mix wet ingredients.
3.) Add wet to dry and mix / knead well until the dough is nice and firm. I usually only add 1½ cups of warm water to the wet mix, then once the wet mix has been added to the dry mix I'll add the rest of the water as needed to get a nice dough-like consistency. Sometimes I need a bit more water, sometimes less.
4.) Let it rise in a covered bowl. Usually for about an hour at least.
5.) Once risen give another knead and roll out into bases. Use flour on your work surface so they don't stick. Our bases are usually quite thin.

At this point you could probably par-bake and freeze a load of bases, but really it's so quick to make the bases with ingredients that are always on hand - that I've never bothered doing it. But yeah - once they're rolled out we top and put in the oven.

Aybabtu.png
 
Here's my oven cooking some goodness, not as impressive as Saor's though neither are the cellphone pics.


20150510_152454 - Copy.jpg

20150510_162421 - Copy.jpg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X