Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month.

So what have you people achieved in your life?
 
I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month

If you have a liking for Debonairs pizza there is something seriously wrong with your taste buds.
 
I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month.

So what have you people achieved in your life?

I've achieved a higher level of existence by not eating Debonairs pizza.
 
I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month.

So what have you people achieved in your life?

Is...is that accurate? That's almost like a pizza a day.


Damn bro.
 
If you have a liking for Debonairs pizza there is something seriously wrong with your taste buds.

It's a combination of factors:

- thin base improves things a lot
- awesome online ordering system
- secure online payments
- heavily customising every pizza
- branch manager helps ensure quality
- lacklustre competition
- family demand

I've achieved a higher level of existence by not eating Debonairs pizza.

See above.

Is...is that accurate? That's almost like a pizza a day.

Damn bro.

If I ate them personally I'd probably be dead now. Big family + often a friend or GF in the mix and we usually get pizza every Friday. So 4x 6+ pizzas is where I get my estimate from.
 
If I ate them personally I'd probably be dead now. Big family + often a friend or GF in the mix and we usually get pizza every Friday. So 4x 6+ pizzas is where I get my estimate from.

Of course, that makes more sense! Was thoroughly concerned there for a min. :D
 
I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month.

So what have you people achieved in your life?

Would not be tooo proud of that. Make them yourself boet.
 
Of course, that makes more sense! Was thoroughly concerned there for a min. :D

My fingers would be too fat for my keyboard if I had pizza every day. :p

Would not be tooo proud of that. Make them yourself boet.

Before moving house last year I had a really nice pizza oven. Pizza evenings, as we came to call them, were a HUGE mission. Preparation of ingredients, quality bases, getting the oven going and cooking with it, being unable to cook all pizzas at the same time so people just standing around socialising with other non-eating folk etc. It wasn't easy going, and incomparable to having pizzas delivered. We did enjoy them, and the pizzas were amazing, but it was expensive and very time and energy draining.

We have plans to build a pizza oven at the new house, but it's not a financial priority atm (resurfaced the tennis court, dug a 140m borehole, redid an entire very large garden, house renovations etc.). There is a decent restaurant nearby that serves 'artisan' pizzas of a pretty high quality, but we have to collect in person. We've ordered from them countless times before, but recently the house has been demanding Debonairs so that's what I get. The pizzas we get from our local Debonairs are better than any I've had from other branches, and as mentioned we customise a lot.
 
I received an email yesterday from my local Debonairs to say that I am their number one customer. I probably order 24-28 pizzas from them a month.

So what have you people achieved in your life?

A healthy heart.
 
about to start a flame war here....

debonairs is like cardboard,

I get you like the customization, but why debonairs? no pizza perfect nearby?

yes no fancy ordering system, but if you order anything like that many in a week , they probably remember you,
and try to get you your pizzas... the way you like them.
 
if the guy loves debs then whats the fuss? each to his own. thread title is nothing to do with how fancy the pizza is. just pizza is the only requirement. if gourmet is your preference then just accept its not everyone's standard.

but it seems its the norm to get pizza shamed if you have franchise pizza. must be from here or from there to qualify for 'ooooohs' and 'aaaaaahs'.
 
Last edited:
about to start a flame war here....

debonairs is like cardboard,

I get you like the customization, but why debonairs? no pizza perfect nearby?

yes no fancy ordering system, but if you order anything like that many in a week , they probably remember you,
and try to get you your pizzas... the way you like them.

I had never heard of Pizza Perfect until now. Checked their website and I see they have no stores in the Eastern Cape.

The online payment system available with Debonairs is extremely convenient. No pizza store I've asked has card readers with their drivers, if I have to drive to the store then there's no point to delivery and there's no way I'm giving my details over the phone. Paying cash is very inconvenient. I can even tip the driver during checkout. It's the same reason I use Nando's identical ordering system (same family of companies), and I'm really glad I tried them out because I'm mad about their hot chicken and spicy chips.

(Now that I think about it, I should soon be Nando's best customer too - Saturday Nando's lunch has become a thing)

I'm definitely getting the impression that all you Debonairs haters are judging the establishment based on your own poor quality branches/ poor quality received from your branches and orders that are prone to not being tasty. It is easy to order terrible food from Debonairs.

Some tips that might help if you want to give Debonairs another try:
- always thin & crispy base
- add half portion of mozzarella to vegetarian pizzas & pizzas with lots of toppings
- phone the store & get hold of the manager - they will immediately be your friend and make sure your orders are great
- insist on flopstoppers to prevent crushed pizza boxes
- avoid the big sellers like Club, Something Meaty etc. and craft your own pizzas
- never, ever order promotions - they're all disgusting

I also really like their Pop-Itz. I'd order a plate of 10 if there was a full size meal option.

if the guy loves debs then whats the fuss? each to his own. thread title is nothing to do with how fancy the pizza is. just pizza is the only requirement. if gourmet is your preference then just accept its not everyone's standard.

but it seems its the norm to get pizza shamed if you have franchise pizza. must be form here or from there to qualify for 'ooooohs' and 'aaaaaahs'.

I'll take some pics next time I order Debonairs. I think most of you will be amazed at how delicious their pizzas can look with their thin base with lots of ingredients.

The typical 'American-style' excessively-cheesy look that some might associate with Debonairs pizza only applies if you order run-of-the-mill menu items with a standard base.
 
Last edited:
butler's has the snapscan which i find very convenient. never tried ordering debs online yet. whats these customizations? ill check for info in previous posts as a start.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X