Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

In memory of PostmanPot... :(
Italianos Plumstead (formerly Burrisos too) I promised PP I'd try it out.

Fie5vKxl.jpg

bKAHcqPl.jpg


I tried Da Vincis on Kloof recently...

ePZ6PqLl.jpg

lat6zCXl.jpg


Both are quite good... Butlers still my fav though.

How did you find the pizza from Italianos?
 
For all the hating I've done the last how many years, I've suddenly become a fan of Debonairs. They're the closest pizza joint since I moved house, and their online ordering and payment system is the best thing since sliced bread. Their thin bases are rather nice and I'm mad about those chutney Pop-Itz sides (wish I could just order a plate of them for a reasonable price). Their default pizza configurations are mostly rubbish, but you can customise to your heart's content.

#sorrynotsorry
 
For all the hating I've done the last how many years, I've suddenly become a fan of Debonairs. They're the closest pizza joint since I moved house, and their online ordering and payment system is the best thing since sliced bread. Their thin bases are rather nice and I'm mad about those chutney Pop-Itz sides (wish I could just order a plate of them for a reasonable price). Their default pizza configurations are mostly rubbish, but you can customise to your heart's content.

#sorrynotsorry


Stockholm syndrome
 
Made the Greek yoghurt pizza again a couple of nights ago.

Tomato paste
Tomatoes
Green pepper
Onion
Gherkins
Mozzarella
Chedder
Garlic

... Omnomnom

Btw, they don't call it Greek Yoghurt anymore because apparently it is offensive or something :rolleyes: Now it's just called Double Cream
 
So any suggestions for good wood fired pizza in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town?
 
The best in the Northern Suburbs is a small little restaurant in Vredekloof called Braccianos.

Still does not beat Gino's in Stellenbosch though.
Good thing then that I stay in Vredekloof
Seems like they dont do take aways
 
Last edited:
Good thing then that I stay in Vredekloof

A bit OT, but their Al Forno pasta is literally the best pasta I have ever eaten.

You can also try Da Vinci's in Brackenfell. Very cozy pizza restaurant with a nice atmosphere. My bet would be between Braccianos (Between De Kelder and Jannie's Tavern, LOL) and Da Vincis.
 
So any suggestions for good wood fired pizza in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town?

Also interested in this.
Is La Romantica still around? They always had good pizza and specials. I also like the Oude Welgemoed Bistro, although it seems they are closed at the moment.
 
Also interested in this.
Is La Romantica still around? They always had good pizza and specials. I also like the Oude Welgemoed Bistro, although it seems they are closed at the moment.

La Romantica is still around, but called Bella Belotta now, except for Stellenbosch's one, and maybe Paarl. THey hare not bad, but it's like going to Spur. If you want great pizza, I try and avoid the restaurant chains. That's just me :o :D
 
For the best pizza in Cape Town (and pasta....actually everything Italian ), take a drive to Table View and go to Forneria Italia.
 
I have such a craving for Debonairs chutney Pop-Itz right now. I no longer yearn for McD's, KFC, California rolls or even pizza on occasion anymore - only Pop-Itz. I need to experiment and see if I can't make them myself.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X