Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Y'all should try Amici's in Hurlingham Manor, Sandton. Some of the best pizza's I've ever had and at a reasonably cheap cost.
 
somehow we have lost the main purpose of this thread

There's only so many wooden oven pizza places that import their tomato sauce from Italy, and we all already know where they are. Bring on the modded pizzas!
 
Less is more.

Speaking of which, I had Moroccan flatbread (the lamb one) at Jake's In the Village (Steenberg) this weekend. I thought the flatbread itself was amazing and whilst being very different, it reminded me of a pizza with hardly any cheese on it. The size of it I'd say was about a large pizza size.

http://www.jakes.co.za/menu/
Jake's Moroccan flatbreads.JPG

edit: Damn, I should have taken a photo of it for you okes :/
 
Last edited:
I can tell you Brennaisance will not see me again. Beautiful venue, but god are they expensive. And the pizzas are these little square things cut into 8 smaller squares, with a flaky thin crust. TSEK.
 
Pizza Perfect used to do a mince and baked beans (kinda like a chilli almost) pizza called the Americano...man, it was my favourite. I must have been the only one ordering because alas, it is no more.

I am in Jhb (north-westish, a few minutes from Clearwater Mall) so I have access to these chains in order of preference - Del Forno > Pizza Perfect >>>>>>>> Debonairs, Pizza Hut

Try Lambrusco's Italian restaurant in Northcliff, awesome pizza and pasta.
 
Just out of curiosity do any of you guys have a pizza oven installed at home?

I have one and one thing is for sure, its a hella effort to get this thing going however when making pizzas at home its so worth the effort. I only use it when we have friends or family over and it needs to be an event. Way easier just buying pizza!!!

So i've had it for quite a bit over 4 years and i doubt that I've used it more than 15 times but the cost of making a pizza vs buying is ludicrous. So much cheaper making, these guys make a killing.

Just my 9cents
 
you in CPT

there are feww guys doing it from home

i know some relative of pizza time opened his own place from his garage and makes a killing

Yea, I want to do the food truck or market scene. I might do it once I'm not as lazy to make the effort :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X