South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
It’s been a while … last when I checked my stats …My problem is the SINR thats -12 to 0. Have het to find a way to remedy that
Hi @PhireSideSpeedtests to CPT speed.rain.co.za seem to be artificially limited for me:
View attachment 1325648
Vs Speedtest.net results:
View attachment 1325658
Thanks for letting us know. We are currently doing some work on this server and it should return to normal in the next 2 hoursSpeedtests to CPT speed.rain.co.za seem to be artificially limited for me:
View attachment 1325648
Vs Speedtest.net results:
View attachment 1325658
Thanks @rain_networksThanks for letting us know. We are currently doing some work on this server and it should return to normal in the next 2 hours


Hi @PhireSideThanks @rain_networks
I tried again now, but the slow throughput remains.
CPT server:
View attachment 1326466
JHB server:
View attachment 1326468
I previously had an Oppo device from you guys and the speeds were really decent! I really hope there's not a hardware fault with this ZTE M801A as it seems like a solid device!
I don't see any issuesYou must be connected or something. I never get anything over 6Mpbs
View attachment 1353174
Been like this the entire weekend. On a good day I may get 5Mbps.

No that doesn't seem right.You must be connected or something. I never get anything over 6Mpbs
View attachment 1353174
Been like this the entire weekend. On a good day I may get 5Mbps.
Yes the downward trend is a reality. Lately I very rarely get more than 250Mbps. But to be honest I knew this was going to happen eventually, the well known phrase is all to real - " 'n Nuwe besem vee mos die skoonste". I knew it was to good to be true and won't last, but we didn't have another option in my area that comes even close to this for the price and ease of getting it installed, so Rain was always just a temporary solution until something better comes along. Now eventually trenching is being done on my street! YayThat means nothing. They hide behind month-to-month and "best effort" clause. Below my speed tests showing how my premium service has degraded over time.
View attachment 1354364
Don't get me wrong, I don't want or need to change isp's right now, my Rain 5G experience has been pleasant so far, but I'm a bit of a data Scientist myself and extrapolations on my aggregated download speeds data only indicates a strong negative trend of declining 5G download speeds over the next 6 - 8 months in my area.Yes the downward trend is a reality. Lately I very rarely get more than 250Mbps. But to be honest I knew this was going to happen eventually, the well known phrase is all to real - " 'n Nuwe besem vee mos die skoonste". I knew it was to good to be true and won't last, but we didn't have another option in my area that comes even close to this for the price and ease of getting it installed, so Rain was always just a temporary solution until something better comes along. Now eventually trenching is being done on my street! Yay