Please do a MyBroadband speed test on Rain

Rain seems incapable (unwilling?) of fixing these slow speeds. For weeks on end now I am lucky to get 5/6mpbs. Disconnects consistently as well.
 
Can someone explain to me at a high level why RAIN speeds decrease over time. We were lead to believe that 5G has WAY more capacity than 4G, yet here I am, on my Telkom LTE package, doubling speeds of 5G users....

Surely this isn't congestion related? Surely RAIN has enough backend throughput at the tower? Just feel really sorry for everyone getting screwed by "next gen" infrastructure.
 
13157204782.png


Rain 5G basic, Bedfordview
Signal Strength: -84 dBm
Is this a good signal?
 
Wow, do people consider this usable? Got the unlimited off peak SIM as a backup in case of fibre outage and was expecting low performance but I'm actually impressed by how bad this is:

 
Code:
PING 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=86.2 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=371 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=323 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=55 time=486 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=55 time=575 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=55 time=567 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=7 ttl=55 time=199 ms
64 bytes from 1.1.1.1: icmp_seq=8 ttl=55 time=19.8 ms

Yeah I think I'll be cancelling this and writing it off as a failed experiment. Can't work on this nevermind doing something crazy like trying to watch a Youtube video at anything over 360p.
 
Decent download speeds when it works but the frequent disconnects for hours at a time and getting the same support response that there is an alarm on the tower im connected to everytime is frustrating. Convinced its the ZTE router they send out, oddly seems to restart itself every other couple of hours
Screenshot_20220524_143614_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg
 
Decent download speeds when it works but the frequent disconnects for hours at a time and getting the same support response that there is an alarm on the tower im connected to everytime is frustrating. Convinced its the ZTE router they send out, oddly seems to restart itself every other couple of hours
View attachment 1314688

I doubt it’s the router because I’m using the Huawei CPE Pro 2 and I’m experiencing the same disconnections everyday, sometimes for hours. Right now I’m connected to a tower over 5km from me, didn’t even think that was possible.
 

Attachments

  • 5F10F29A-DCC3-4C07-8E2B-AD43EDB1FC14.jpeg
    5F10F29A-DCC3-4C07-8E2B-AD43EDB1FC14.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 21

Attachments

  • F0CE6C80-FA2A-4410-BA25-3B32CEA27716.png
    F0CE6C80-FA2A-4410-BA25-3B32CEA27716.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
  • B4B13B25-9C18-414A-8CC9-ADD5D0138FDB.png
    B4B13B25-9C18-414A-8CC9-ADD5D0138FDB.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 18
  • CF86091D-0E40-4DF7-819B-77E3075B03A6.png
    CF86091D-0E40-4DF7-819B-77E3075B03A6.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 18
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X