Please do a MyBroadband speed test on Rain

Results vary... :(

Early hours of the morning we often get speeds as advertised. (Strong signal). But being in a fibreless, copperless area without 5G, things get a little congested and heavily shaped...

Which is why hoping the new golden spectrum solves all our problems :)


rain.JPG
 
which suburb of south africa?

Kempton park… I’m not narrowing it down cause congestion.

Tonight

c05b0be2ab589e41fd331247cff6f77c.jpg
 
Riviera, Pretoria


Ping: 19ms
Download: 183.55Mbps
Upload: 3.28Mbps

Nice speed although I am on the standard 5G package which is supposed to cap at 50Mbps so I am not sure if that speed is what I am getting.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuu
Riviera, Pretoria


Ping: 19ms
Download: 183.55Mbps
Upload: 3.28Mbps

Nice speed although I am on the standard 5G package which is supposed to cap at 50Mbps so I am not sure if that speed is what I am getting.

The speedtests seem to set to ignore speed limits ISP side. I too hit sometimes 500mbit but I have the 25mbit package. Also sometimes rarely I get a "burst" for a few seconds that sometimes last a minute where I download a 4GB iso in literally 2-4 minutes.
 
Ping:19ms
Download: 44.35Mbps
Upload: 0.40Mbps

5G Basic

Why is my upload so horrible.

Edit nevermind, I trusted the "suggested location" thing too much, moved it and my results now are.

Ping:18m
Download:167.54Mbps
Upload:5.69Mbps
 
Last edited:
Rain is dead for me this morning. Possible international issue, alternatively possible DNS issue but she's bj0rked!!
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yuu
i have the OPPO CPE T1a unlimited home 5G basic also i keep on loosing connections to the internet but my first month my connection was stable i could connect for the whole day with no problems and i can't even watch soccer
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220406-215456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-215456_Chrome.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 21
13048058605.png



They sent me messages to upgrade from 4G to 5G. I upgraded ("downgraded"), now I've got a slower 5G connection with much higher and totally inconsistent latency than I had on the 4G. WTF?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X