Please do a MyBroadband speed test on Rain

Rain LTE Polokwane

View attachment 566161

Another test after moving my router 1m closer to the window

View attachment 566173

P2P downloads 300-400 KB/s the whole day then after 23:00 exactly it shoots up to 2-4MB/s

Using B315 no bunny ears
..........................................................................

Local WISP with Mikrotik router

View attachment 569183

View attachment 569185

Just installed it today:)
Can you explain more I kinda want run my WAN alongside this with auto switching between the 2 I have a mikrotik router RB951Ui-2Hnd I assume this is what you mean or do I have this wrong?
 
Can you explain more I kinda want run my WAN alongside this with auto switching between the 2 I have a mikrotik router RB951Ui-2Hnd I assume this is what you mean or do I have this wrong?
Hi bud,
I'm actually using an ultra basic Mikrotik router(RB941-2nD-TC) that is hooked up to a Cisco E4200 in bridge mode for wireless.
The LTE is on a separate router and not linked to the Mikrotik as a backup. If you don't wanna be offline at all, it'll be good to setup the LTE as a fail-safe on one single router. Hope this helps.
The speeds I get mostly come down to uncongested networks.
Regards
 
LTE-A in Westmead, Pinetown on 31.10.18

Ping: 45ms
Download: 5.34Mbps
Upload: 1.33Mbps
 
Auckland park Rain LTE:

Ping: 35ms
Download: 11.78Mbps
Upload: 6.03Mbps
 
Ping: 45ms
Download: 23.57Mbps
Upload: 14.7Mbps

Umtentweni, KZN @ 21:48
 
Using Rain Mobile with MiFi Router

@Work (Ashley Gardens Pretoria)

Ping: 22ms
Download: 63.1Mbps
Upload: 25.8Mbps

@home (Moreleta Park Pretoria)

Ping: 23ms
Download: 20.4Mbps
Upload: 14.1Mbps
 
Pretoria Faerie Glen on b315

2018/11/13 17:50
Ping: 38ms
Download: 1.26Mbps
Upload: -1Mbps

2018/11/13 17:59
Ping: 34ms
Download: 0.07Mbps
Upload: 2.32Mbps
 
Sandton Rain Fixed LTE
Ping: 49ms
Download: 22.11Mbps
Upload: 4.08Mbps
 
Gents what the best antenna to buy for Rain LTE? (B618) is there any new antenna's out on the market (worth the money.. i'm worried to buy just any of these "china antenna's" I've seen video's where they open it up and it's just a piece of odd wire on the inside.. sometimes not even connected.

Is there one that has the connectors on already ?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X