• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

Please Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 122 36.2%
  • Good

Votes: 100 29.7%
  • Average

Votes: 39 11.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 32 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 44 13.1%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Afrihost based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Afrihost does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Very happy with Afrihost, good product and competitive pricing. Exellent support and service. Speeds could be a bit better, but no reason to be really unhappy with the speed, other than that other ISP's in the same area, manage to deliver slightly better speeds, but lack in the above mentioned areas/aspects.

Overall, no complaints.

I would have rated Afrihost excellent a year ago. Seems like their support is not as good as a few years back, and Internet speeds could improved for ADSL.

marlin178

Expert Member
I would rate them lower than pathetic if possible.
A company that closes support tickets without resolving the issue should not be in the service industry.
One merely needs to see how many folks join MyBb just to get help/rant re Afrihost speaks volumes about how shoddy they've become

JeanPant8

Afrihost is good! I moved away from them some time ago because of a competitors price, but i joined them again when i moved to Fiber, support is excellent, and i only had downtime once or twice in the year i had Fiber.

wizardofid

Expert Member
Better value mobile bundles (larger, midnight, weekly and uncapped) data roll over and shared data bundles

Stevi

Expert Member
Good value for money, support is good during office hours.

Probably could be slightly improved after hours so you do not have to hold for nearly an hour

Warrenr

Afrihost used to be very good but there support recently has been bad, especially now that you cant speak to an actual support person. Their insistence on using WhatsApp support is making it almost immposable to get simple things sorted out in a hurry!!!

Eniigma

Expert Member
Use them for work.
3/5.
The 5 connections per capped account is amazing value. Only reason I never moved work accounts from them when having issues with my personal one.

Quality of customer support and service has decreased dramatically in the last year or so from my experience.
Though in the last few weeks have had same day repsonses to support queries which shows some improvement.
That and the 5 connections is the only reason I don't rate them lower.

This time last year would proably have given 5/5.

Jaxter

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Afrihost based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Afrihost does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
VALUE FOR MONEY IS GOOD, NETWORK QUALITY COULD BE FASTER, GENERAL SERVICE SATISFACTION IS GOOD.

Hectic

Executive Member
Rating:
5/10

AH have lost their innovative edge they had over other ISP's they had three or four years ago.

Giaan is not accessible and does not interact anymore with us on the forum.

The level and quality of support and interaction of the forum rep Afriman gave, is missed by me.

ADSL speeds are inconsistent for me, especially in the evenings. My line is in a fairly good shape and apart from my main account, I normally have two to three backup accounts and can fairly quickly determine if any problem is ISP related or if I need to look at other areas. I've "parked" my account for the last couple of months. I will decide over time if I will resume the account or close it down.

Positives for me is the client portal and app, which works very well.
It is easy to upgrade or downgrade packages for ADSL or Data.
Topups are also easy peasy.

I like the option of having to park your account for up to six months(I think it is 6).
When parked you can't use the service, but you don't pay either and you can just resume when you are ready. Very helpful if you go away on holiday, etc.

I like the bandwidth carryover and that the account is not locked to a single connection/telephone line.

It is easy to cancel via the portal. Website is fairly helpful and easy to navigate on pc.

Last edited:
In the process of cancelling our Afrihost account on Fibre, we have constant packet loss every night and Afrihost support do nothing but ask for speed tests. Will be moving to Cool Ideas for a more stable ISP supplier.

I've been with Afrihost for almost 7 years. I now have fiber, fixed lte, 2 voice accounts, and web hosting with AH. Best thing for me is their Client Zone which is way ahead of its competition. The ease of managing accounts, changing/upgrading packages, topups, etc adds so much value.

Had my fair share of tech issues and true, lately their support has been lacking compared to previous years. But most issues revolved around DSL problems (Telkom). All things considered, I don't really have anything to complain about.

Current 10mbps fiber on openserve, capped, constant ~ 5ms / 9.6 down / 4.5 up.

Value-for-money: 5
Network quality: 4.5
General service satisfaction: 4

Last edited:

Jon.Snow

Lower than pathetic if you ask me and the rest of our family and friends. Their support is a joke. Really bad technical skill and no one cares enough anymore. Such a pity. Will be moving everyone off soon

LCBXX

Executive Member
I've had very bad support experiences with fibre. Fortunately I could invoke their 60-Day money back guarantee.

binkybozo

We have been with Afrihost for a while now and it was always spot on. Recently though with fixed wireless it seems their support service has dropped the ball. Waiting for fibre to get to us (working on it now in our area) then I will see if we stay with Afrihost or move to another isp.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
pathetic--

Afrihost are excellent till you challenge them on their cancellation policy that they have up on their site at the time you cancel. They lost over R1K a month (and dozens of referrals) over a R100 note. I cancelled a data SIM before the date on their site, the only place you could find info at that time, and then they told me it was actually wrong and that I would be billed for the next month.

They believe that they can win a fight with a customer. Not even an apology on their side, zero customer retention.

RedViking

Honorary Master
It is difficult for me to rate like this. Afrihost support went backwards. But I am not completely dissatisfied. They just became another ISP and not one that stands out anymore. I am happy with the products and pricing of the products. compared to other options on the market.