Please Rate Afrihost

Rate Afrihost, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 122 36.2%
  • Good

Votes: 100 29.7%
  • Average

Votes: 39 11.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 32 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 44 13.1%

• Total voters

hermandt

Excellent but I have a big issue with there promise of taking over a Telkom ADSL line without any problem. Then they suddenly have a lot of issues. Also when you want to change packages - which is quick and easy - you loose your carried over data which is very unfair.

I agree with Redviking above that they are not standing out anymore as the best as they used to be.

Tman*

Expert Member
Service offering (bang for the buck, variety of service, new orders, billing) is good, but customer service is pathetic. Basically just hope and pray nothing goes wrong.

Spaj

In the early days of ADSL they were great. Seldom had problems and the few experienced were sorted out promptly. Recently though the perception is not that great. Did not consider them for recent switch to Fibre.

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Were excellent... now OK... sometimes teetering on meh lately.

Their Clientzone interface is about their strongest point at the moment, the rest has been eroded by now complicated offerings, restrictions, cancellation dances and beyond frustrating support outside of their mybroadband reps.

Actually, overall a bit of meh.

apviljoen2

Joined Afrihost this year due to Fibre entering our area.

Installation was quick and support was professional. My fibre line was active within 6 days of order being placed online. Definitely telling friends and family to give them a chance ahead of Telkom. Only those two are supplying fibre packages in our area as far as I know

Hein09

I used Afrihost at home for quite some time, when fibre was being installed they just did not compare to the competition. Their prices were higher, they did not cover everything some of the other ISPs did. I cancelled everything back in May. I am still struggling with their accounts department to cancel it. I honestly don't know how they manage to keep all their fan boys.

My move since has made a much happier man, albeit poorer since I have to pay Telkom, Afrihost and my new ISP.

pedruid

Expert Member
I have been with them for about 10 years and have no problems. My 10Mb Telkom ADSL syncs PE to Afrihost at about 9.8.

OCP

Expert Member
I have a long history with AH - was a big supporter and put over 100 people/business onto them for connectivity and hosting.
The way we as a collective customer base got screwed and led on paying full price for services they could not provide and a network that they knew was broken is plain criminal.
Had to take them to the ISPA twice to stop them from spamming me.
Incompetent and arrogant support that completely ignores valuable information pertinent to the issue and closes tickets without resolving them.
"Welcome to AH where you are just a number, give us your money now shut up and go sit in the corner like the bitch you are." should be their new slogan!

Last edited:
I agree with Marlin. They're absolutely pathetic. They used to be good, but they don't address queries sufficiently, they're connection speed is abysmal despite having fiber with them. They're just soo bad for the last two or three years

nicc777

I took over the Afrihost fibre link from the previous home owner. The transfer went through smoothly. I'm very happy with the service. I am on a 20mbps line with a 200GB package but I have yet to hit the cap. I was previously with Telkom on ADSL (10MB line, uncapped) and there is just no comparison. My interactions with Afrihost have always been short and to the point and they always were very helpful.

Vicari0

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Afrihost based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Afrihost does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.[/Q

Support is good ! However they need to revise their so called uncapped packages which have a ridiculous soft cap. In addition throttling and shaping needs to beooked at

MirageF1

Expert Member
/snip
I like the option of having to park your account for up to six months(I think it is 6).
When parked you can't use the service, but you don't pay either and you can just resume when you are ready. Very helpful if you go away on holiday, etc.
/snip
Can't recall seeing this option on the cust portal for wireless product, or is it just for fiber?

Fredel

Their customer service has gone down sharply over the last couple of years. My recent experience with them left me feeling that they dont care about me as a client, and I am just a number which they wont miss should I move.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Fixted LTE 25 GB p/m @R299 offering

No major complaints really...average dl speeds of +- 5-15Mbps off peak, uploads pathetic < 0.1 Mbps..but uptime almost 99% and that's a comfort these days knowing I always can get online. 1 month data rollover is a nice plus.
Ability to use it at any location (where there is signal of course) is also a big plus.

Fortunately haven't really had to deal with their support on a big issue...if I had my review might not be so glittering.

Over and out.