Please Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 133 51.2%
  • Good

Votes: 72 27.7%
  • Average

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 18 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Cool Ideas based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cool Ideas does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

ekske1

Executive Member
Pretty good ISP :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
but sometimes hamstrung by its support channels :thumbsdown:

OCP

Expert Member
Excellent professional and swift support.
Product they provide works all the time as advertised so you get what you pay for.

Not the cheapest but then quality comes at a price I am willing to pay for.

Have recommended to and facilitated for over 50 clients to move to CISP and not a single complaint so far.

Highly recommended them.

Ryder_JHB

Expert Member
Have been a Cool Ideas customer since May 2017. Was previously on 1mb DSL. I have not experienced one problem since signing up. Everything just works, all the time, without issue.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Terrible Support - I get you can have issues - but you don't ignore clients.

Slinetpixel

Been with them since Sept 2018. Only ever had one issue which was actually an OpenServe issue.

Support is not as swift as some might like, but personally I have never had an issue with the response times. Having a MyBB forum presence also gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I have rated them as average.
Here's where they fall short.
- Transparency, especially with regards to technical problems with the fibre ISPs. They are playing the Afrihost game of endless tests the customer must perform and only when the pressure is overwhelming do they admit there is a problem. Also when these problems are identified, the feedback is feeble. You simply do not say to a customer "any day now". How long is a piece of string? I want answers.
- Ticket system and the people who manage that, treating the client like an idiot. Credit the client with having some kind of sense, as a user who goes for a higher end package surely he is choosing it because he knows some of what he is doing and knows something about networking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I am no longer a client of theirs effective 1 March based on their shortcomings. I rate them a notch better than Afrihost, and trust me that's a small notch

joeline

Cannot complain now that the fibre network issues in the Northern Suburbs of CT have been resolved.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Cannot complain now that the fibre network issues in the Northern Suburbs of CT have been resolved.
You are very lucky. This FTTH piece of crap has now deteriorated. I did a comparision against the VDSL, you cannot compare the two... its actually shocking. The fibre connection is worse than any internet connection I ever had, and that's putting it mildly. Cool Ideas still DENY ANYTHING IS WRONG, and tell me the line has been checked and all is well... All is well... my foot!

joeline

@ArtyLoop

I am the first to complain, but in this case I have to give credit where credit is due. Whatever was done fixed my issues.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
@ArtyLoop

I am the first to complain, but in this case I have to give credit where credit is due. Whatever was done fixed my issues.
I agree, in my case, they just don't care, so yes my mileage is different. I am just glad you get what you pay for now.

itisdone

CISP is cool , Never had an issue but still boggles the mind they only process debit order on exactly month end.

TrueTenacity

I switched to Cool Ideas in december last year after being with RocketNet since March... and I have not had one since minute of hassle with them. 100% uptime, no lags on downloads, no buffering, no issues... just "internet with god mode enabled"...

davebee

OK as an ISP, although we do have intermittent issues which are annoying.
However I would NOT recommend using their VOIP service. It's poor and their support is poor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.