Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • Good

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • Fair

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 18 9.2%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

uncapped_shady

I am very happy with Mweb fibre speeds in my area. Always well within the allowable tolerances as well as always being online. I think in the past 8 months with them I have not been down once.

wildguides

Generally happy with fibre speeds. I do have dropped speeds and occasional buffering from 20-4mbs. My kids say there are better ISPs out there. Tech Dept have been very helpful and provide food customer service.

No fibre in my area, very expensive for the 20 meg ADSL package I have. Service is not too bad. Customer Service (when I might have a problem) is good.

Beeblebrox

Paying for a so-called premium option, but still get throttled when you reach a limit which they don't advertise except for referring you to their Fair User Policy.

CTPC

MWEB are good and one of the very few Customer Care call centre that really works.
Billing is on time every month and very few mail and IS problems.
Mweb is just a bit expensive

Justubbs

They are a bit more expensive than other ISPs for 10/10 Fibre speed.
The network quality is generally good but I do find I have to reboot the supplied router at least twice a week to reset and get the speed back.
They are very good on the phones when support is required and the web portal allows one to interrogate one's account with sufficient detail.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I hate the fact I'm with MWEB. Their service is horrendous, their line speeds are unreliable and unpredictable and their pricing isn't particularly attractive.

Also, their "fair usage policy" is vague and non-specific, leaving the user at the whims of whatever they deem fair/over usage.

I frequently have ping spikes to 300-1200, ON FIBRE. My LTE is more stable.

Janvlwen

I am very happy with MWeb fibre speeds and there is nothing to complain about. I just wish I could get it at my beach house in Betty's Bay as well!

crashdan

Happy with Mweb the issues i have had have been resolved quickly, when upgrading my line was done the same day. Price i'm paying for the fibre i'm happy with as i dont experience downtime

Karmaggedeon

I'm aware of what uncapped means which is why I've choosen a capped 500GB 50/50mpbs line. my download an upload speed are consistently in the upper 40's
MWEB have excellent customer service and i dare to say, the best new customer Fibre application procedure!! :)

Ghost in the Machine

Much, much, happier since we switched to MWEB Fibre.

MWEB ADSL was bad. But to be fair that was the Telkom line, not the ISP.

citcat

Been with MWeb for ages. Unfortunately no fibre in my area so using ADSL which is limited by Telkom's poor quality line. MWeb's side of the package is very good. Billing is always spot on and help is excellent, not that I have had to use it often. Seriously considering changing to fixed LTE and will definitely be going with MWeb.

Harriet Meier

I'm happy with Mweb's fibre speed and their service has always been excellent, even when they had to deal with Vumatel to sort out issues. There my be cheaper services out there, but client service makes up for a lot of that.

PDiddy

My wife and I are very disappointed with MWEB.
I’ve been a loyal customer for years and never had an issue until we got fibre. And it is now ridiculous. Have started looking at other ISP’s.

DuncanMag

Also had excellent service with Mweb. Not many issues and their customer service is quite good.