Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • Good

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • Fair

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 9.7%

• Total voters

Schlosz

Very good service received. I am moving over to mweb fibre.
Value for money - could always be improved as data prices decline. At the moment I rate them as good.
There service is very good. Both general information or technical support is communicated very well. There is evidence that they care for their clients.
In general - their advertising is clear and their turn-around time is excellent.

Tumsh

I have been with Mweb for many years. Their customer service is good. I'm on vdsl 20mb and don't really have issues. Some times, maybe once in a month or so, my speed is terrible. Typically on a sunday afternoon/evening.

ZS6EGB

I am VERY satified for over 25 years with MWEB. Starting with icon, global, tiscali, mweb and it went just progessively forward. The main positive is their technical customer service which assisted even when i were abroad and struggle to get my connections right. Super people to deal with!

dunkyd

Expert Member
Took out an Lte contract in January. They delivered the router to my house.
There was no reception, I cancelled.
They attempted 6 times to collect the router !!
3 times I waited like an arsehole, they never pitched. 3 times they went to wrong suburb.
Finally on 28th June !!!, Aramex picked up the router...6 months later.
Today they send me a threatening message that the router must be returned or else they will begin billing again !!!
Idiots one and all. 0 out of 10.

jimbo81

Mweb service is good, however the network quality is not as great as expected. It may just be the fibre provider (octotel) stretching the minimal investment in their network as there is now more buffereing and lag in recent months than when we first signed up with fibre.

Natedo

Since I joined Mweb I have received nothing but great service from them. When something is wrong they sort it quickly and easily. When things are out of their control they would notify me of it. Things they can improve on is more effective communication regarding issues I think there are delays with that. They can also try and help its customers get fibre in the certain areas where they know they have customers or even give those figures people who the laying of cables.

Jason_Bruiners

I am quite happy with the service I have received from MWEB. There has been issues, but it was sorted out quickly.

JohnRoux

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
Very good value. Been with them for years and years due to their excellent service and support.

JohnnyX

Very good service received. I am moving over to mweb fibre.
Value for money - could always be improved as data prices decline. At the moment I rate them as good.
There service is very good. Both general information or technical support is communicated very well. There is evidence that they care for their clients.
In general - their advertising is clear and their turn-around time is excellent.
In general....NO, there adverts are extremely misleading, they have even been ruled against by the ASA, Turn around time, do not know what specifically this would refer to, but I have been waiting months for them to sort out issues!
Value for money...NO, they are one of the most expensive, and you do not get what they advertise.
Service very good....NO, past basic support their service is useless, they 'escalate' issuses, but actually do nothing about it.
Care for their clients...NO, I do not know where you even get this from, have you looked anywhere on the internet, the evidence is everywhere, once you are signed up they do not care as long as you are still paying your monthly subs.
I am moving over to anyone other than Mweb, my comments come from nearly a years personal experience with Mweb I am afraid your comments sound like an employees plug for their own company.

JohnnyX

Very good value. Been with them for years and years due to their excellent service and support.
Paying for a so-called premium option, but still get throttled when you reach a limit which they don't advertise except for referring you to their Fair User Policy.
Ah yes, the oft quote 'fair use policy' if ever there is a issue the 'valued customer' wants to dispute. This gets quoted ad nauseum by Mweb to justify their product and services being nothing like their misleading adverts.

JohnnyX

One month of fiber. So far so good. Performing as advertised
I am truly surprised, which advert actually accurately and truly describes the product they actually are providing you with? Mweb are notorious for their misleading adverts and then hitting you with their 'fair' use policy when the package you get is not what was advertised.

JohnnyX

Mweb service is good, however the network quality is not as great as expected. It may just be the fibre provider (octotel) stretching the minimal investment in their network as there is now more buffereing and lag in recent months than when we first signed up with fibre.
The minimal investment as you put it is a neat way to shift the blame away from Mweb's policy of advertising and promises of something they know they can't and/or have no intention of delivering on. You do not have to do this for them, they are masters of absolving themselves of any accountability or responsibility. Expect continued deterioration, but put the blame where it lies!