Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 57 27.1%
  • Good

Votes: 71 33.8%
  • Fair

Votes: 39 18.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

redjay

Speed is fine, but I am stonewalled too often by their support personnel. They say: "We are not trained" for this or that, when it is a clear network issue. The latest statement is that I must hire a private professional. I AM a private professional, but at a certain point control passes to the service provider. They should be willing to help out.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Honestly I can only rate them fair as their pricing is quite high. But that's probably a bit of an issue with Vumatel as well.

Kempie

I can't complain - pretty happy. Fibre is not available in our village yet.
Customer service is good.

JohnnyX

Had first problems within 24 hours of fibre installation; such severe throttling on 'uncapped' package that web pages timed out; totally misleading/fraudulent adverts, package you sign up for is nothing like what you actually get; billed for services not renedered months after so called work was done; fighting for months over refund for incorrect charges that still has not hapened; cannot get past the ineffectual 'support' to get anything sorted out; persitent pressure to 'upgrade' (at additional cost of course, to get the speed/services promised in the original advert); they are one of the most expensive ISP's for the worst service, etc, etc. NINE months later still fighting with Mweb over all this, they are without doubt, the WORST third rate ISP I have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with!

Johnman

Speed and reliability are very good in general. Service support's knowledge has been a bit suspect on the few occasions I had to contact them.

andycathb

I have MWEB via telkom ADSL. there are no other options to ADSL in my area. have had reliability problems with the line but MWEB technical services are very good at following up . luckily here in george TELKOM service is also very good

3Gee

Expert Member
Largest ISP in SA that does not offer a smartphone app, outrages.

Nishalan

MWEB is pretty decent.....I sometimes feel like I know more than their technical staff (which aint much)... but in the end, they do help in resolving my rare issues.

chrisdawson

Have been with Mweb for many years and on the whole very happy with service levels. they are not the cheapest but sometimes price is not everything.

matthmike@gmail.com

MWeb advertising fibre in our area, nothing yet. Current ASDL product is very slow, and not the 4mbps claimed. Many times there is not internet at all. Error sms's sent informing me I have reached my cap, when I have unlimited cover.

MWeb needs to up their game

Mike

sunvan

MWEB has great uptime in my area for fibre services. Their call centre sucks, their pricing is uncompetitive, and their retentions team doesn't have a clue. Their social media team however are brilliant. How an ISP doesn't have an app in this day and age still baffles me.

johnie

Reasonably happy with internet adsl but they do throttle my uncapped service

ddevill

Very disappointed in MWEB. Currently on a non-existing ADSL line with MWEB. Was hoping to go the Fiber route when available. But my ADSL line from Telkom disappeared and Telkom is not fixing it. Ask MWEB to cancel my service, I can't use my data even if I want to. But they still want me to pay for two months before cancelling. There excuse, they want a full calendar month notice. But cant they see my problem? Its not my fault and I can do nothing about it. What about all the years I was a client?

Lance.Kotze

For starters, I think MWEB should provide their customers with a Fibre router that can handle matching wifi speed to the that of the fibre contract. I quickly searched MyBroadband and found out someone asked if the WR7010v2 was any good. The first answer "No!". Hilarious! (https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/is-this-a-good-router.972811/)
Their 100Mbps line never tests near the full speed - I'd say about 80%/85%. I have been able to "pressure" the download line with 100Mbps, even spike a little over the limit, but who wants to always supervise the linespeed this way?
If anybody wants to offer me anything for this router, I'll see if I can hold my breath.

Last edited:

Minosc

MWEB is affordable and reliable. Only in rare occasions do I have to phone the support desk.

demonweare

Customer service is below acceptable and they took forever to sort out my LTE situation.

gomelman

Mweb can just let their subcribers know when their line is down and an estimated when you can expect it to be up in your area.

justplain

Expert Member
Why is their (MWEB) 20/10 package R799 on Openserve, While on Octotel for R799 you only get 20/5?
Is this a restriction with the fibre provider or the ISP?