Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

Lobodugald

Telkom does nothing well and they can improve by allowing internet access and signal where people are using Telkom for business. They also need to STOP stealing their customers airtime! I buy R100 airtime and convert it to data and then I cannot use any of it because there is no signal here so I have to then work for another four hours to earn another R100 (and go without food for the next two days as a result I might add) and then I have to buy more airtime again and then purchase the "all networks" data and that works a little bit but cuts off every few minutes all the time! I am using a Telkom simcard so why on earth does Telkom data NOT work on it?!

Master2J

I have been with Telkom since the Dail-up days. I have upgraded from 1to 2 and from 2 to 4meg on ADSL. All of this was smooth sailing. I have also moved 3 times and on all occasions, it was just a call and my new adres, and the line was moved.

MikeShepstone

Switched from Vodacom to Telkom recently due to ridiculous data costs at Vodacom. Telkom is good, but I have very bad signal in Mpumalanga where I used to get a good strong signal.

John Gardner

Telkom LTE and 3G service in our area up and down - and forget it at 5pm on a Sunday.
The Call Centre is beyond belief - quite dreadful

Toxin

Expert Member
Voted Fair

On Uncapped LTE and no real issues other than coverage and having to reset/restart my router a few times at the start of the month to get my throttling to reset.

chromedome

Expert Member
Never thought I'd ever say this, but I voted "good". I have had a few skirmishes with them over the years regarding other services which left me feeling very frustrated.

Dion Nell

Telkom's reception and pricing is very good, but there customer service can be challenging. especially when needing to make changes to your contracts. Migrating is a nightmare and the numbers that you are told to contact to make changes don't work or are not relevant. Telkom should take a good hard look at this as this puts a lot of customers off and costs them business.

Meelperd

Value for money:
Probably the "cheapest"

Network quality:
Unreliable / inconsistent signal strength
Sad coverage map

Support:
None

General service satisfaction:
Astonishingly pathetic / non-existing to infinity and beyond

Patrick Benade

I switched from fixed line to LTE about 2 years back and have been pretty happy with the performance. No issues, other than during load shedding when cell networks went down.

JSvdM1961

Telkom network coverage is terrible, most of the time I am off and on and off and on, it is no use phoning them as nothing gets done. The speed is also really slow
Have 50 Gb Lte, worked well from 2017 but deteriorated since mid 2018, since March my CGI student son twice had to resort to friends to download study programmes because of the poor on and off coverage at our home in Waverley, Pretoria, where we had good coverage for 10 months after subscription.
Friendly staff cannot assist, also log calls at call centre, promissing they will phone me, still wating.
Much more, please steer clear of Telkom, except if you want to learn the hard way.
Now approaching Telkom to cancel 3 contracts to the value of R2 300 due to poor service / non compliance by Telkom.
JS van der Merwe. 082 926 7758

JSvdM1961

Value for money:
Probably the "cheapest"

Network quality:
Unreliable / inconsistent signal strength
Sad coverage map

Support:
None

General service satisfaction:
Astonishingly pathetic / non-existing to infinity and beyond
Couldn't phrase it better. To cry of, "The best mobile and data service", rather the worst. So sorry I was tempted by their to good to be true offers.

Tried for more than a year to engage a manager, no access, even their shops indicate no access, implying they also can only engage the call centre. No response to numerous sms and client satisfaction questionaires, notwithstanding requesting explicitly and providing contact details.

Let's pray for renewal of integrity in business.

JS van der Merwe 082 926 7758

JSvdM1961

I have regular contact with support staff from various ISP's and my experience with Telkom is as follows:
1) They are 95% keen and friendly, BUT:
2) lack the tech skills
3) As a caller you have a 75% chance that each agent has a different opinion/diagnosis to the previous one
4) They lack the holistic IT understanding required for this type of field. A troubleshooting list is not the answer
5) The escalation process is probably the worst. The agent would like to help but is let down by the next level they pass you on to
6) Their support system does not allow them to merge multiple issues from one customer into one, if it is actually related.
7) They lack a more senior, technically reliable and more advanced team geared to assist the level 1 support structure. (very poor escalation structure)
8) I ask question number 7 to all Telkom staff and 99% have agreed wholeheartedly with me. They feel abandoned by their management and feel that their system is the cause that they are left to face the angry and frustrated customers without being able to help much. Point 4 above comes into play here...

10/10 for trying (great marketing, packages, value)
3/10 for ability in carrying out their marketing and technical strategy
Can't say it better!

Hope telkom wakes up before it's to late.
JS van der Merwe 082 926 7758

JSvdM1961

Network is good in urban areas, but not on the outskirts and some suburban areas out of the city centres. Well their on the call service is poor as staff do not care for customers... it's important to know that it's not all staff 9/10 staff are not equipped to provide help.
Support the last part, mostly friendly staff but no access to management to escalate

Ryansr

Expert Member
Telkom Internet has been rated Poor bcs, bcs....no fibre availability, therefor I have 20Mbps VDSL line with Telkom and pay for a convergent type of deal where I have four Telkom Mobile sims with two calling sims (R150) and two data sims (1GB each) and then 100GB DSL monthly data at R806 (includes line rental) but also have a Vox data package at R178 for 400GB so rarely use the Telkom DSL data but when I do it is not as fast and stable as with Vox. The support has always been horrendous with me being sent to pillar and post and back again and their call centre is as useless as they've always been and competent staff are few and far in between IMO.

Ironmanajm

Wow, Excellent - 17.9%, Good - 38.4% good. That is over 56%. I'm very surprised to be honest. But hey if this is the amount of people Telkom can make happy, I guess it's all good. I'm very fine without them of course, thank you.