- Nov 9, 2017
Telkom service is poor.
Have 50 Gb Lte, worked well from 2017 but deteriorated since mid 2018, since March my CGI student son twice had to resort to friends to download study programmes because of the poor on and off coverage at our home in Waverley, Pretoria, where we had good coverage for 10 months after subscription.Telkom network coverage is terrible, most of the time I am off and on and off and on, it is no use phoning them as nothing gets done. The speed is also really slow
Couldn't phrase it better. To cry of, "The best mobile and data service", rather the worst. So sorry I was tempted by their to good to be true offers.Value for money:
Probably the "cheapest"
Unreliable / inconsistent signal strength
Sad coverage map
General service satisfaction:
Astonishingly pathetic / non-existing to infinity and beyond
Can't say it better!I have regular contact with support staff from various ISP's and my experience with Telkom is as follows:
1) They are 95% keen and friendly, BUT:
2) lack the tech skills
3) As a caller you have a 75% chance that each agent has a different opinion/diagnosis to the previous one
4) They lack the holistic IT understanding required for this type of field. A troubleshooting list is not the answer
5) The escalation process is probably the worst. The agent would like to help but is let down by the next level they pass you on to
6) Their support system does not allow them to merge multiple issues from one customer into one, if it is actually related.
7) They lack a more senior, technically reliable and more advanced team geared to assist the level 1 support structure. (very poor escalation structure)
8) I ask question number 7 to all Telkom staff and 99% have agreed wholeheartedly with me. They feel abandoned by their management and feel that their system is the cause that they are left to face the angry and frustrated customers without being able to help much. Point 4 above comes into play here...
10/10 for trying (great marketing, packages, value)
3/10 for ability in carrying out their marketing and technical strategy
Support the last part, mostly friendly staff but no access to management to escalateNetwork is good in urban areas, but not on the outskirts and some suburban areas out of the city centres. Well their on the call service is poor as staff do not care for customers... it's important to know that it's not all staff 9/10 staff are not equipped to provide help.