Please Rate Telkom

Rate Telkom, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 104 17.9%
  • Good

Votes: 222 38.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 110 18.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 55 9.5%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 90 15.5%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

robfisher

Touchwood the service has been really reliable with only two short outages in the last year... like ALL ISP's an adequate call center would be a bonus!

Dawnw

Telkom network coverage is terrible, most of the time I am off and on and off and on, it is no use phoning them as nothing gets done. The speed is also really slow

APoc184

Honorary Master
Can't bash something that has been working non-stop for us for 6 years now.

My only advice. Drop the bloody silly analogue rental in addition to ADSL rental.

EDIT: Not sure if this is only for Fibre. See it is in Fibre section but MyBB mail just said rate your ISP.

ZX69

They seem to be lacking in the technical skills to resolve queries.
Their help desk agents read from a list even when you explain that you have already completed all their basic testing they always ask for.

rsfriend

Reliability has been reasonable and package price is pretty good. However the value is questionable as the line speed is incredibly variable and seldom if ever comes close to the 10Mbps supposedly offered. Contention at the switch is clearly a huge issue and there doesn't appear to be any plan to upgrade the infrastructure to support a better user experience.

merrymoi

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Telkom based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Telkom does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

They should improve their call centre especially during peak hours.They must also try building more atennas in other areas as the network vanishes,especially in the cbds and townships.

Sashus

Telkom is great with prices and products but customer service and efficiency in general especially with deliveries/order/faults leaves a lot to desire.

CroukampC

I have not had a problem with Telkom for neer 2 years now. I have ADSL and a mobile sim that came with the ADSL package and they have been working fine since the beginning. No problems whatsoever and quick help the times I had questions or needed things changed. As soon as the complex I live in actually let go of there nonsense of not getting Fiber I will immediately change over to Telkom's Fiber service and possibly also change over my mobile devices from Vodacom to Telkom.

T_d_T_M

What Telkom does well:

Provide their service across SA

Where they can improve: Improve their FUP, throttling speeds and network congestion. I have a 10Mbit/s line and even before FUP conditions have been met, I sometimes receive a 0.1Mbit/s speed

Kumba

Telkom support has been excellent.They take time to sort queries & provide guidance to solve problems,not that there have been many

mikef

Expert Member
Generally the service provided has been fair to good. Wish they would provide fibre in my area as currently stuck with adsl

Doc55

Telkom wifi very slow in the mornings. When moving from cities (East London) to more remote locations (Kenton on Sea), Telkom wifi is extremely poor

riaan paladh

i have uncapped LTE, its sometimes very slow in the morning and in the evening but its not that bad. worth the money